Windows 10: Update broke Wifi and USB device connection

Discus and support Update broke Wifi and USB device connection in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop recently had a windows 10 update which did not go so well due to firewall blocking the update. Since the update my start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShivanshPriya, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Update broke Wifi and USB device connection

My laptop recently had a windows 10 update which did not go so well due to firewall blocking the update. Since the update my start menu is not opening, wifi and ethernet are not showing up and no USB connections are getting detected.The drivers in my device manager are showing up with a yellow caution &nb

:)

ShivanshPriya, Jun 18, 2021

2. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

Hello

I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi.

1. I am using Windows 10
    2. The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps
    3. I have also one USB mini wifi adapter attached to my other USB through which I am currently using internet

Update broke Wifi and USB device connection [​IMG]

From the above screenshot, the Wi-Fi 2 is which I am trying to connect. When I right-click on Wi-Fi 2 and click on Connect/Disconnect, It shows the already connected Wifi through USB mini adapter.

When I Disable WiFi and try to connect through WiFi 2 then it shows an error "Change settings, such as making a connection metered"

The device utility does not show any Wifi available connections though there are 2-3 wifi connection is there.

any idea how can I make connect to internet using my new Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps Wireless USB Adaptor - Wi Fi 2 on Windows 10 ?

oneandthree, Jun 18, 2021
  3. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

In my device manager, it shows that the drivers are there and the device is working fine.

when I try to update drivers, it says the best drivers are installed already.

Any other solutions?

Thanks

oneandthree, Jun 18, 2021
  4. Update broke Wifi and USB device connection

DEVICE CONNECTION VIA WIFI

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps.

1. Run in-built troubleshooter for hardware and devices. Navigate to settings, update and security, troubleshoot and select hardware and devices option and click on run
    2. Update USB drivers.

The following link will help you with updating your USB drivers.https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4028443/windows-10-update-drivers

3. Make sure the cable is not faulty and secured.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

Update broke Wifi and USB device connection

1. Update broke Wifi and USB device connection - Similar Threads - Update broke Wifi

2. Wifi, USB Connection, are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi, USB Connection, are not working: I recently upgrad my windows 10 laptop with 120 GB SSD. and then and before i cant access my wifi with all over there i have troboling some of problems like usb device not recogice and wifi not avaible when wifi comes it shows no internet so thas all over my problem so what...
  3. Wifi, USB Connection, are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi, USB Connection, are not working: I recently upgrad my windows 10 laptop with 120 GB SSD. and then and before i cant access my wifi with all over there i have troboling some of problems like usb device not recogice and wifi not avaible when wifi comes it shows no internet so thas all over my problem so what...
  4. Latest update broke my Wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update broke my Wifi: Have tried a dozen and one different troubleshooting methods floating around and it will not connect to my network. It's just the disconnected globe symbol in the tray, cannot toggle Wifi on, doing it manually within the network settings doesn't do anything, messing with...
  5. 2004 Update broke wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2004 Update broke wifi: After the 2004 update my Wifi has square boxes in the icon. The 2G network connects and is secured but no network THe 5G connects fine but it is slow as it is further away. I have updated the adapter which is intel ac 9560 to the latest driver. No go, then uninstalled and...
  6. Windows 10 Update Broke WiFi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Update Broke WiFi: Microsoft broke my laptop. Sometime in the past month or two, in one of the several updates to Win10, my WiFi got flaky. I'm running Win10 from Bootcamp on a MacBook Pro. What happens is in one room I can connect to WiFi getting "connected, secured." But as I get closer...
  7. Windows 10 Update Broke WiFi

Windows 10 Update Broke WiFi: Microsoft broke my laptop. Sometime in the past month or two, in one of the several updates to Win10, my WiFi got flaky. I'm running Win10 from Bootcamp on a MacBook Pro. What happens is in one room I can connect to WiFi getting "connected, secured." But as I get closer...
  8. usb device will not connect

usb device will not connect: Hello -- I been using an old mp3 player --- it still works -- and its connected to the computer via usb 2.0 I been using it on the same computer now for some time -- it worked with xp, vista, w7 and now with w10 it stopped When I connect the device, I see that its...
  9. Broke USB

Broke USB: When I put a USB in my computer,it doesn't show up.When I open disk management, it shows up and says"device is working properly".It does this on my desktop also.My other USBs work.Why does it say the device is working properly when it won't open? How do I fix the USB so I...
  10. usb device not connected

usb device not connected: USB Sony Walkman Not Connected, how do I connect it in Windows 10 via USB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-device-not-connected/a91a040f-41ef-4d05-819c-15c3c2c479f6