Windows 10: Update bug or not?

Discus and support Update bug or not? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This is the second time after a major update that I have had to readjust power settings on a desktop for some reason resets the turn off display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by thomaseg1, Dec 8, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

Update bug or not?

This is the second time after a major update that I have had to readjust power settings
    on a desktop for some reason resets the turn off display setting to "20 minutes"
    from "never"

Bug or not?

Update bug or not? [​IMG]

:)

thomaseg1, Dec 8, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update bug or not? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 8, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Dec 8, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Update bug or not?

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Update bug or not?

1. Update bug or not? - Similar Threads - Update bug

2. Bug in update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bug in update?: I have a HP PC that was flickering this morning, even in Safe Mode. It occurred only when logged in and not when starting up or on the logon screen. I could not get anything to open except Task Manager, which was still visible when the screen flickers. I was able to access...
  3. Can't windows devs release bugs-free updates ? Connecting to Hidden Networks is a nightmare!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't windows devs release bugs-free updates ? Connecting to Hidden Networks is a nightmare!!: [ATTACH] I just don't understand why my saved hidden network doesn't show up with its name? And whenever I try to connect by writing SSID and password correctly it shows up "Can't connect to this network.". It is so extremely frustrating! I feel like these Windows 10...
  4. Windows 10 updater used newer version before an older one which caused bugs

Windows 10 updater used newer version before an older one which caused bugs: Hello,I had to rollback my windows from February's version because of bugs (I used the update assistant), while waiting for the March update. Yesterday it appeared so I had the February's one and March's one (total of two updates in the same time). The problem is that it used...
  5. Is this a bug of the last update? What is this?

Is this a bug of the last update? What is this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tommydlbass [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fp2ql0/is_this_a_bug_of_the_last_update_what_is_this/
  6. Strange Bug related to Windows Updates

Strange Bug related to Windows Updates: I've noticed a pattern in the past 3 Updates I've gotten Pushed into my computer. After about 3 Weeks of delaying the update ( I give ample time for Windows to fix the Computer-bricking bugs in them) I start getting a weird symptom. Every 12 hours, Exactly like clockwork,...
  7. Internet connectivity issue after latest Windows 10 update on 13/03/20 BUG

Internet connectivity issue after latest Windows 10 update on 13/03/20 BUG: Hi, Since the update last Friday, I have been experiencing problems with certain applications connecting to the internet. This problem affects all browsers Firefox / Chrome / Opera but does not affect the Edge browser which works fine. For the past few days I have...
  8. Windows update bug: Low disk space again from update, how big is your...

Windows update bug: Low disk space again from update, how big is your...: Folder: C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local Size: 82gb Folder: C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Microsoft Size: 66gb I do not have one drive linked or any other cloud service. Computer updated over the weekend. In 2018 I had an update that caused a "Low disk space" error because it...
  9. Since last update can't make my secondary keyboard stay preferred - BUG

in Windows 10 Customization
    Since last update can't make my secondary keyboard stay preferred - BUG: Since last update, I have a problem. Windows, apps and everything is in English. However, I want to have Croatian keyboard since it is on my laptop and I have other people with me using the laptop and computer, with the same problem. So, display language is English and it...
  10. wuausrv Windows Update service serious bug?

wuausrv Windows Update service serious bug?: So, I did the usual thing of running through updates once a weekish like I normally do. Included in that was KB4535996 back when it was new. And now ever since then, even after uninstalling the update, I have this issue whenever Windows Update wants to reach out during Active...