Windows 10: Update caused loss of documents, images, other data.

Discus and support Update caused loss of documents, images, other data. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What have you done to my computer? For the fourth time in the last two months, Microsoft as done an update or something and when my computer restarts,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RogerCoburn, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Update caused loss of documents, images, other data.

What have you done to my computer? For the fourth time in the last two months, Microsoft as done an update or something and when my computer restarts, all of the information and folders that I have created since the last update have been lost. As an example: I work in genealogy. I started tracing a family on Sunday, did a lot of research and saved the information in 4 separate folders. My computer restarted tonight at 8:00 PM or around that time. I had not used it since 4:00 PM EDT. All of my research has disappeared. I did a search and no luck. I also like to take pictures. Last night I took several pictures of the nearly full moon and saved them in a folder. Tonight they have disappeared. Today, started out as a pretty good day and again I took some pictures that I planned to post on Facebook. I transferred them from my disk to my computer, with the intention of editing them later. At the same time I cut them from the disk instead of copying them so I could continue to use the disk for more pictures. Guess what? They have disappeared and I can't get them from my disk because I removed them. I am upset.

Now I do not like Microsoft Edge. I know, it is supposed to be better. Well it isn't to me. I was comfortable with Internet Explorer and I want it back. I also do not like the HCH Photo Pad or whatever it is called. Again I liked the Photo editing program I had. I was used to it and it did what I wanted. So I lose my pictures and there are too many steps in the Photo Pad and I haven't got the pictures to look like I want them yet.

So please locate my lost files and give them back to me

* Moved from Edge

* Original title: What have you done to my computer?

:)

RogerCoburn, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Shiela_V Win User

Unauthorized windows 10 auto-reboot after update causes data loss

Hi Felix,

We suggest you to schedule a restart instead, after downloading Windows update. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Windows icon.
    • Type Settings.
    • Click Update and Security.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • On Choose how update are installed, click the drop down button. See the screenshot below:

Update caused loss of documents, images, other data. 1abf3d32-20c1-4626-b829-53a9bab578be.png

Regards.

Shiela_V, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Convert Windows 10 from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without Data Loss  

Here it is:

Brink, Apr 8, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Update caused loss of documents, images, other data.

Crucial Releases "000F" Firmware Update for M4 SSD, Enhances Power-Loss Protection

Crucial is known for issuing firmware updates for its M4 series SSDs that bring significant improvements, be it the 0009 update that introduced performance improvements by as much as 20%, or the 0309 update that fixed a lot of BSOD instability issues. Introduced on Wednesday, the newest firmware update, "000F", introduces the following changes:
    • Improved compatibility with certain SAS expanders and peripheral RAID cards.
    • Improved throughput stability under extremely heavy workloads.
    • Improved data protection in the event of unexpected, asynchronous power loss.
    With higher performance, improved OS-level stability, and now with higher throughput stability and improved data protection in the event of power loss, Crucial M4 is closer to being the perfect consumer SSD.

DOWNLOAD: Crucial M4 000F Firmware Update Windows 7 Updater Utility, Manual Boot File, Instructions

btarunr, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Update caused loss of documents, images, other data.

1. Update caused loss of documents, images, other data. - Similar Threads - Update caused loss

2. Loss of data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of data: I recently signed into my schools Microsoft account on my personal computer. I managed to sign in and could use all of the facilities they offer. However, i decided to sign out of my schools Microsoft account and upon returning to my homepage I lost all of my data. I then...
  3. Loss of data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loss of data: I recently signed into my schools Microsoft account on my personal computer. I managed to sign in and could use all of the facilities they offer. However, i decided to sign out of my schools Microsoft account and upon returning to my homepage I lost all of my data. I then...
  4. data loss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    data loss: I deleted one of the user accounts on my pc and all the data is also deleted. how can i find my data back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-loss/2db3f703-7bc9-4ab2-a55a-be585a53e095
  5. data loss

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    data loss: I deleted one of the user accounts on my pc and all the data is also deleted. how can i find my data back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-loss/2db3f703-7bc9-4ab2-a55a-be585a53e095
  6. Does MBR2GPT cause data loss?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does MBR2GPT cause data loss?: My computer fully supports UEFI and GPT. However, when I was installing Windows 10, I installed it with the combination of MBR+Legacy Fast, Secure Boot Off. My computer officially supports Windows 11. In the PC Health Check application, it was written that Secure Boot could...
  7. Does MBR2GPT cause data loss?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does MBR2GPT cause data loss?: My computer fully supports UEFI and GPT. However, when I was installing Windows 10, I installed it with the combination of MBR+Legacy Fast, Secure Boot Off. My computer officially supports Windows 11. In the PC Health Check application, it was written that Secure Boot could...
  8. Does MBR2GPT cause data loss?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Loss of Data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loss of Data: I have been using a Windows 10 laptop. Everytime i turn my laptop On, i am losing all the data in all drives other than OSC. Also, it takes a lot of time to load displaying "Preparing Windows" text while loading. Please help me with the problem....
  10. 1809 update Data Loss

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1809 update Data Loss: Perhaps my observations on the SB2 15", win 10, 1809 (!!!) can help with solving the "data loss problems with the update. 1 I have had no data loss or other hiccups with the update. 2 I had redirected the folders "pictures", "music", "videos" (but not "documents") from my...