Windows 10: Update caused many problems including "application has not been provisioned"

Discus and support Update caused many problems including "application has not been provisioned" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; UPDATE HAS RUINED NEARLY EVERYTHING!!!!! Windows Icon DEAD. Search Box DEAD. Won't open any pix "This application has not been provisioned" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by B.Bass, Sep 17, 2021.

1. B.Bass Win User

Update caused many problems including "application has not been provisioned"

UPDATE HAS RUINED NEARLY EVERYTHING!!!!! Windows Icon DEAD. Search Box DEAD. Won't open any pix "This application has not been provisioned" and undoubtedly other problems not yet found. System Restore did not work. I should be paid for the hours of work this update has cost me.

:)

B.Bass, Sep 17, 2021

2. Provision Package to control Start Menu tiles

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article on
    Building Windows 10 Provisioning packages

However, the issue you posted is related to Provisioning packages with Windows 10 and would be better suited in the TechNet community. Please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 17, 2021
  3. Issues with using Add-AppxProvisionedPackage to provision UWP app

I am currently trying to manage installation a line of business UWP application on a series of client machines. I need to make sure that the application is installed for any user that signs into windows on a particular machine. To do this I am copying the APPX file of the UWP app to a provisioning directory, and using this command to provision the application:

Add-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackagePath C:\myapp-provision -SkipLicense.

The application installs fine for users some/most of the time. However, I am running into a couple of issues fairly consistatnly.

1. Sometimes, after provisioning a new version of the application, when a new user signs into windows, they still see the previous version of the application installed.
    2. Sometimes, after provisioning the application for the first time, when a new user signs into windows and searches for the app in the start menu, they get no results.

Both of these issues can be resolved by going to Apps & Features, searching for the application in list, selecting Advanced Options on the app, and then selecting reset.

This is an ok fix for the short term, but long term, I cant rely on users to always be aware that they may need to reset the app before using it.

Is there a better way I can go about getting this application installed for all users? Are there additional steps I am missing?

Caleb Powell, Sep 17, 2021
  4. Update caused many problems including "application has not been provisioned"

firefox and IE will cause problems?

could there be any reasonable explanation why firefox and ie would cause problems?

oh, and when the machine crashes it is the blue screen of death and when windows recovers it suggests bios update. this is a machine that hasnt been upgraded driver wise or bios wise, yet they insist it is firefox. give me a break.

Easy Rhino, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

Update caused many problems including "application has not been provisioned"

1. Update caused many problems including "application has not been provisioned" - Similar Threads - Update caused many

2. The application has no been provisioned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The application has no been provisioned: When ever I try to open any application i get the error message "The Application has not been provisioned". I can't really find any solutions to this that actually work....
  3. This application has not been provisioned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This application has not been provisioned: I have a problem on my windows, before this my windows had blue screen with error code : WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR everytime i connect to a Wifi. Then i tried to do recovery point when this popup suddenly came up. Now my laptop also cant open searchbar, clicking windows icon...
  4. This application has not been provisioned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This application has not been provisioned: I have a problem on my windows, before this my windows had blue screen with error code : WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR everytime i connect to a Wifi. Then i tried to do recovery point when this popup suddenly came up. Now my laptop also cant open searchbar, clicking windows icon...
  5. This application has not been provisioned

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. The application has not been provisioned

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The application has not been provisioned: Hi,I recently started getting this error across several applications.I get it when trying to run EarTrumpet.I get it when trying to install WinGet Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller_8wekyb3d8bbwe.msixbundle.I accidentally allowed my organization to manage my device just before...
  7. The application has not been provisioned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application has not been provisioned: Hi,I recently started getting this error across several applications.I get it when trying to run EarTrumpet.I get it when trying to install WinGet Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller_8wekyb3d8bbwe.msixbundle.I accidentally allowed my organization to manage my device just before...
  8. This application has not been provisioned

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This application has not been provisioned: Windows 10 64 Bit. - Within the last day or so I have been unable to view images stored on my hard drive. It consistently says 'this app has not been provisioned'. It has worked fine until now, and I haven't made any changes to the computer I know. Any ideas? Thank you...
  9. This application has not been provisioned

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This application has not been provisioned: Windows 10 64 Bit. - Within the last day or so I have been unable to view images stored on my hard drive. It consistently says 'this app has not been provisioned'. It has worked fine until now, and I haven't made any changes to the computer I know. Any ideas? Thank you...
  10. “the application has not been provisioned”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “the application has not been provisioned”: hello guys. pls can anyone give me a hand? what does this mean? i cant open my apps. cant open settings nor windows search bar. “the application has not been provisioned” what is that and how do i fix it? submitted by /u/imfromkrypton [link] [comments]...