Windows 10: Update caused resolution issues or is it the monitor itself?

Discus and support Update caused resolution issues or is it the monitor itself? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EUPH0R1A01 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EUPH0R1A01, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Update caused resolution issues or is it the monitor itself?

/u/EUPH0R1A01, Feb 9, 2021

2. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Kantastic Win User
    Monitor resolution issues

Did you try removing the resolution+refresh rate combination off PowerStrip in the options somewhere? If that failed, try unplugging all of your monitors and waiting like 15 minutes, Windows should detect a new display and try to update drivers for it. I know when my computer wouldn't detect the proper resolution (wouldn't detect my monitor properly), that's what someone suggested I do and it worked like a charm.

Kantastic, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Update caused resolution issues or is it the monitor itself?

Ongoing Resolution Issues With Multiple Monitors

Hi,

We would like to ask some questions for clarification to know the best possible resolution to offer.

• When did the issue start?
    • Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    • Have you tried running the Windows Update Troubleshooter? If no, kindly check this

link
      to download Windows Update Troubleshooter for Windows 10.
    We also suggest that you check the resolution provided by Harshavardhan Rathod to fix issues with dual monitor in Windows 10 on this

link

We look forward to your reply.

Nathaniel Mon, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Update caused resolution issues or is it the monitor itself?

1. Update caused resolution issues or is it the monitor itself? - Similar Threads - Update caused resolution

2. Third monitor resolution issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Third monitor resolution issue: Hi, I have got a DELL laptop with windows 10 Pro and am able to connect TWO external monitors DELL monitors and extend fine.But when I try to extend to the third monitor by duplicating display 1 which is my laptop I get a resolution 720 x 576 max but when I switch back to...
  3. Third monitor resolution issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Third monitor resolution issue: Hi, I have got a DELL laptop with windows 10 Pro and am able to connect TWO external monitors DELL monitors and extend fine.But when I try to extend to the third monitor by duplicating display 1 which is my laptop I get a resolution 720 x 576 max but when I switch back to...
  4. Third monitor resolution issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. monitor resolution issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor resolution issue: I recently accidently changed my monitor's resolution to a higher one and now it only shows "Input not supported", It is an old acer monitor, I use a vga cable converter to hdmi to connect to my windows 10 dell laptop. When I plug in the hdmi connecting the monitor to the...
  6. monitor resolution issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor resolution issue: I recently accidently changed my monitor's resolution to a higher one and now it only shows "Input not supported", It is an old acer monitor, I use a vga cable converter to hdmi to connect to my windows 10 dell laptop. When I plug in the hdmi connecting the monitor to the...
  7. Dual Monitor Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor Resolution Issue: I have dual monitors but my second monitor will not change resolutions; it only has one mode and that is 800 x 600. Any suggestions? I have a Windows 10. Thank you!...
  8. Second monitor resolution issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Second monitor resolution issues: Hi, I have a problem with the resolution of my second monitor. I work with two monitors which I switch between occasionally, but I can't seem to find the right resolution for either one. The first monitor is pioneer PDP-lx5090, and the second monitor is a sony kdl-32w705b. My...
  9. Monitor Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Resolution Issue: I recently got a Samsung 22A300B 21.5" 1080p 60Hz as my temp 3rd monitor. When I hooked it up to my computer through my GTX1080, (even though the monitor says that the optimal resolution for it to be set at is 1080p) windows won't let me increase the resolution above...
  10. Monitor Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Resolution Issue: Since upgrading my desktop PC to Windows 10, I've been having an issue with the monitor. Icons are large, and stretched out. So, I went in to change the resolution, and noticed that they display reads as "Generic Non-PnP Monitor," and when I try to change it to a higher...