Windows 10: Update caused sound error

Discus and support Update caused sound error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I recently updated my windows 10 and ever since the update my speaker isn't working, there is a red cross overvthe speaker, I tried to reinstall the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sdesign77, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Update caused sound error

So I recently updated my windows 10 and ever since the update my speaker isn't working, there is a red cross overvthe speaker, I tried to reinstall the drivers checked my hardware but nothing fix the problem So I'm reinstalling Windows but its stuck at 66% for hours now

Please help

submitted by /u/Sdesign77
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sdesign77, Oct 1, 2020

2. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 1, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Update caused sound error :p

cadaveca, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Update caused sound error

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Update caused sound error

1. Update caused sound error - Similar Threads - Update caused sound

2. Windows update causes sound to have no bass

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update causes sound to have no bass: After the latest windows update 20H2, my computers audio drivers have broken and have no bass when played through headphones. I haven't had the ability to try through speakers so I'm not sure whether they have the same issue. this happened a while ago when the update first...
  3. Cumulative updates causing sound issues - Realtek

Cumulative updates causing sound issues - Realtek: Everything was running fine prior to the update. There is an issue with the following updates: KB4601319 KB4023057 KB4601050 AND UPDATE REMOVAL OF ADOBE FLASH PLAYER After update installation, I have sound issues where the sound volume lowers for no reason in P3D version...
  4. Latest update cause error

Latest update cause error: I have installed the latest updates which have caused a stop code: unmountable_boot_volume. I am trying to uninstall the update but newed my bitlocker key but it has the incorrect identifier...
  5. New Update cause errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Update cause errors: I just updated my windows 10 . After update,i am not able to open Microsoft Store,Get Help and many more other apps. Not even able to open the options available in Windows Defender. Showing that "YOU WILL NEED A NEW APP TO OPEN THIS LINK"...
  6. New Update cause error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Update cause error: I just updated my windows 10 . After update,i am not able to open Microsoft Store,Get Help and many more other apps. Not even able to open the options available in Windows Defender. Showing that "YOU WILL NEED A NEW APP TO OPEN THIS LINK"...
  7. Can Windows updates cause sound issues?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can Windows updates cause sound issues?: If so, how do I determine if the sound issues are caused by an update and not from a hardware/software issue? I've had sound issues for a while now and I noticed that they improved somewhat (not back to 100%) after the latest update. So I wonder if a previous update is what...
  8. Can Windows updates cause sound issues?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can Windows updates cause sound issues?: If so, how do I determine if the sound issues are caused by an update and not from a hardware/software issue? I've had sound issues for a while now and I noticed that they improved somewhat (not back to 100%) after the latest update. So I wonder if a previous update is what...
  9. New update causes issues with sound

New update causes issues with sound: I recently got a small update to windows on my computer. Once the update was finished I jumped on and the sound was not working. It has done this before so I didn't think much of it and did my usual reinstall of the drivers. Unfortunately that did not help. I have tried...
  10. last update causing font errors

in Windows 10 Customization
    last update causing font errors: Ran the latest update this a.m., now I have font errors: They look like this... [ATTACH] Tried to back the update out, but that doesn't seem to undo the problem....