Windows 10: Update caused weird issue changing font, keyboard access and mouse capabilities

Discus and support Update caused weird issue changing font, keyboard access and mouse capabilities in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, Hoping I can get some guidance on how to fix this issue. I use a Dell laptop with Windows 10 thats only a year old. Have had this issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JaydeMcD, Nov 11, 2019.

1. JaydeMcD Win User

Update caused weird issue changing font, keyboard access and mouse capabilities

Hello all,

Hoping I can get some guidance on how to fix this issue.

I use a Dell laptop with Windows 10 thats only a year old.

Have had this issue start up in the last day which has triggered a change every 5 mins or so, it seems to change to a to a different keyboard & mouse function, the text changes to a wingdings type font and the mouse left click seems to be activating the right click and scrolling is an issue, zoom is activated on everything instead of scroll through a page.

During this time my laptop is totally dysfunctional, but after 5 mins it seems to go back to being normal then changes again in 5 mins.

I have looked at a few forums and realised these issues did start after a "update and shut down" as did a few others I am reading but I can't see anyone else making comments about it cutting in and out.

Text looks like this:
    Áñóñéñøä’¤‘€‘¡‘¾¾¾

Any assistance would be really appreciated!

Thank you

:)

JaydeMcD, Nov 11, 2019

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Issues with the On screen keyboard and mouse pointer.

Hi Robert,

The issues with the mouse may arise due to driver conflicts and the issue related to the On Screen keyboard may be when the settings for the OSK are turned on.

For the On screen keyboard issue, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type Ease of Access on the search bar.

• Choose Ease of Access and click on
      Use the Computer without a mouse or keyboard option.

• Check if the Type using a pointing device is turned on.

• You may uncheck that option if it is turned on.
    Also try the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type
      Services.msc

• Scroll down to find the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service".

• Disable the option by right clicking on it.
    For the Mouse issue:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware
    and
    Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Update caused weird issue changing font, keyboard access and mouse capabilities

Bolded Font on Internet Browsers

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a Windows 10 update that changed your font settings automatically. If you recently updated your operating system, we suggest that you follow these steps to see if the font will go back to normal:

• Type font in the search bar.
    • Select Change Font settings.
    • Click Restore default font settings.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Dennis Mop, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Update caused weird issue changing font, keyboard access and mouse capabilities

1. Update caused weird issue changing font, keyboard access and mouse capabilities - Similar Threads - Update caused weird

2. Weird font issue in the Search menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird font issue in the Search menu: This isn't a massive issue or anything, but it's been nagging me and I'm finally trying to solve it.I'm on a fairly fresh install of Windows 10, about a week old. So there hasn't been too much time to break anything yet. However, when I click on the "Type here to search" bar,...
  3. Weird font issue in the Search menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird font issue in the Search menu: This isn't a massive issue or anything, but it's been nagging me and I'm finally trying to solve it.I'm on a fairly fresh install of Windows 10, about a week old. So there hasn't been too much time to break anything yet. However, when I click on the "Type here to search" bar,...
  4. weird keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird keyboard issue: after upgrading to windows 11, im having weird input bug that when i press any key that have a certain functionalt, shift, capslock and etc... while i'm pressing any alphabet key, my keyboard nolonger inputs............Does anyone have this bug?...
  5. weird keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird keyboard issue: after upgrading to windows 11, im having weird input bug that when i press any key that have a certain functionalt, shift, capslock and etc... while i'm pressing any alphabet key, my keyboard nolonger inputs............Does anyone have this bug?...
  6. Mouse and keyboard acting weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard acting weird: So, for my laptop I have connected a usb keyboard and mouse. Up until today everything was perfect, but I went to eat something and when I returned, my mouse and keyboard were switching on and off uncontrollably. I tried a spare mouse that I had, but there was the same...
  7. Weird Keyboard Issue

Weird Keyboard Issue: When I press 0 on my keyboard, it also attempts to 'return' or 'enter' and is becoming incredibly frustrating while typing in passwords. My CTRL+C and CTRL+V buttons are not working either. When typing, if I spell something wrong and want to press the right arrow to skip...
  8. Keyboard Setting - Pressing the '=' on the keyboard causes font change on laptop

Keyboard Setting - Pressing the '=' on the keyboard causes font change on laptop: Hi all, I've just run into this issue where if I press the '=' switch on my keyboard - it toggles the font and makes it look more spaced out. I'm not sure if it'll show up on this post for you guys but this is what it looks like >> The letter spacing looks to be much...
  9. Forced Windows 10 updates causing multiple issues. Again. Mouse, system font, itunes font,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced Windows 10 updates causing multiple issues. Again. Mouse, system font, itunes font,...: I had modified the registry a long time ago to prevent forced installation of Windows 10 updates, as they had brought me nothing but issues and the opposite of "updates" in apps like the calculator. It nevertheless has been restarting my computer and installing updates...
  10. Weird Font Issue - Mouse Overs

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Font Issue - Mouse Overs: I just set up a new Surface Book for a user, running Windows 10 Pro x64. Everything seems fine on the native display. I have him using the Surface Dock and two Dell 24" monitors. Everything looks great on these monitors except the mouse-over popups, such as mousing over a...