Windows 10: Update causes Brother print failure

Discus and support Update causes Brother print failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Brother printer no longer functions after the Windows June 2020 update. According to Brother Update KB4560960 causes this problem. They are correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EUY-, Jul 10, 2020.

1. EUY- Win User

Update causes Brother print failure

My Brother printer no longer functions after the Windows June 2020 update. According to Brother Update KB4560960 causes this problem. They are correct and my printer works after uninstalling the update. My ongoing problem is that Windows keeps reinstalling this update. Microsoft says that I can not stop this. Is there a work around?

:)

2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Brother printe Laser faded text

This is the Brother print quality troubleshooting guide for your printer: Online User's Guide

Follow the suggestions under the “faint” print topic. Light print is not a typical print problem requiring repair. Light print is usually a problem with your printer supplies, making it a consumables problem and not a printer hardware problem. Use a genuine brother toner cartridge and drum unit. Also check for the “toner save” feature that might be turned on.

If the light print continues, it is almost certainly the transfer roller that is causing the issue. However, it can be an electrical issue as well as an issue with the laser assembly.

Transfer rollers are usually a simple replacement but I don’t see a transfer roller available for this model of printer. Therefore, if using new, genuine supplies does not fix the problem the printer is not serviceable or is not worth the cost of repairing.

Appleoddity, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Ztruker Win User

Print to file active even when not selected Brother HL-2270DW

I have a Brother HL-2270DW. The Print to file box is not selected, yet every time I print I get the Print to File save window.

I've tried selecting Print to file, printing, then un-selecting and printing, no help.

Tried printing to another Brother printer which does not have the problem then printing to the laser, still same problem.

I'll have uninstall and reinstall the drive next but I hate doing that as I have the same printer setup as two devices, one for Duplex, one not and I always have to figure out how I did it last time. When I get it working this time I'll write it down so the next time will be easier.

I'll wait a bit in case anyone has a suggestion. This was working fine night before last. I'm suspecting an update as the cause. Maybe I'll check and roll back if one was applied recently.

Ztruker, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Update causes Brother print failure - Similar Threads - Update causes Brother

2. updates caused failures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updates caused failures: Since January 2021 my computer has being behaving weird, after this months updates KB5003637 and KB5003254 it became annoyingly unusable, I uninstalled last updates and it improved a little, but still behaving weird, sometimes i have to reboot to be able to keep working.How...
  3. Brother won't print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother won't print: My Brother MFC-495CW won't print. It pops up in my queue for a second or two and then is just gone. I have uninstalled the printer numerous times. I read it may have something to do with a Windows update, but I am seriously struggling trying to figure this all out....
  4. Brother DCP357C doesn't print after updating Windows

Brother DCP357C doesn't print after updating Windows: Hello I have a Brother DCP 357C printer after the last update Windows 10 Home - update: KB4497165 I cannot print, I can scan documents and the printer status is "ready". I reinstalled the Brother drivers, changed the cable, changed the printer to another DCP 357C, and even...
  5. can no longer print brother

can no longer print brother: For some reason f as of this month, my brother prints can no longer print and my device is in an unspecified location. I have installed and reinstalled the device and tried my laptop and PC but to no avail. Have following all the tutorials I can find and short of deleting...
  6. Brother printer failure after June Microsoft updates.

Brother printer failure after June Microsoft updates.: After June updates my Brother printer does not work. It is reported that this is a common problem. I believe Microsoft is working to solve this. An initial update to solve it did not work. Is there another update available ?...
  7. Brother Printer will not print after June/2020 update

Brother Printer will not print after June/2020 update: My printer stopped working earlier this month June/2020, I thought it was my Brother printer MFC J220 going bad so I tried to uninstall it, but it was nowhere to be found under devices. I finally researched and accomplished it but found out it was not my printer, it was a...
  8. Brother printer not printing

Brother printer not printing: My Brother printer MFC5890CN has stopped printing following the latest windows 10 updates. The printer works perfectly from another windows 10 laptop but not from my Dell PC. I have tried rolling back the update and re-installing the brother drivers from the Brother site to...
  9. Update causing printing issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update causing printing issues: 2019-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4512941) & 2019-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 (KB4511555) updates has caused printing issues. The computers can no longer print. How can...
  10. printing failure

printing failure: My HP laptop no longer prints to either of my network printers or Adobe pdf printer, although my other computers print OK. error messages: Notepad says A StartDocPrinter call was not issued MS Word just says there's a problem with the printer setup Adobe Acrobat says no...