Windows 10: update causes serious problems

Discus and support update causes serious problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After an update yesterday nothing works normal -i can not open onedrive files - the EDGE browser crashes all the time -In the settings menu i can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by grietje D, Mar 28, 2021.

1. grietje D Win User

update causes serious problems

After an update yesterday nothing works normal

-i can not open onedrive files

- the EDGE browser crashes all the time

-In the settings menu i can not choose anything, so i can not choose "recovery"

- i can not send mails

- some icons in the taskbar are disappeared, come back from time to time, but i nothing happens when clicking on them

:)

grietje D, Mar 28, 2021
  2. extr3me Win User

Serious laptop problem

BIOS updating guide should be in your manual. If you don't have one, go to your manufacturers website and download. I have a step by step guide in mine's.

extr3me, Mar 28, 2021
  3. firefox and IE will cause problems?

could there be any reasonable explanation why firefox and ie would cause problems?

oh, and when the machine crashes it is the blue screen of death and when windows recovers it suggests bios update. this is a machine that hasnt been upgraded driver wise or bios wise, yet they insist it is firefox. give me a break.

Easy Rhino, Mar 28, 2021
  4. sygnus21 Win User

method to determine exactly what caused a particular update?

Two suggested articles from Microsoft....

Whether you find the exact cause will determine the level of troubleshooting you go through.

sygnus21, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

1. update causes serious problems - Similar Threads - update causes serious

2. Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Causing MAJOR & SERIOUS PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Causing MAJOR & SERIOUS PROBLEMS: I purchased a high-end PC in April, 2023 with Windows 11 Pro. From the outset, Windows 11 has been causing screens is apps particularly Excel & Quicken, to open and close by themselves, browsers FireFox, Edge, & Chrome to open & close by themselves, and general going haywire...
  3. Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Causing MAJOR & SERIOUS PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Causing MAJOR & SERIOUS PROBLEMS: I purchased a high-end PC in April, 2023 with Windows 11 Pro. From the outset, Windows 11 has been causing screens is apps particularly Excel & Quicken, to open and close by themselves, browsers FireFox, Edge, & Chrome to open & close by themselves, and general going haywire...
  4. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A serious problem: My laptop is switched on but then my screen is still black and I don’t know what is happening Can someone help me with any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-serious-problem/67266ddc-8d99-482a-a25e-35132fd90fa3
  5. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A serious problem: My laptop is switched on but then my screen is still black and I don’t know what is happening Can someone help me with any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-serious-problem/67266ddc-8d99-482a-a25e-35132fd90fa3
  6. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 update SERIOUS PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update SERIOUS PROBLEM: The last update messed up my system. My graphics card drivers are nowhere to be found and I can't install new drivers because your "wonderful" update made my graphics card hidden.It gets better...I can't open Device Manager so I can search for the graphics card because "App...
  8. Explorer.exe causing serious lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer.exe causing serious lag: So I've been dealing with this issue for YEARS! For some reason, explorer.exe is causing lag on my computer. I've read numerous other users having the same issue but nothing seems to come about to fix it. It simply causes everything to slow down, even though the CPU and RAM...
  9. Username change caused serious problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Username change caused serious problems: Hello Folks, I was wondering if anyone has experienced similar problems after a Username change. My daughter got a new Lenovo Ideapad 520 for her computation studies at university about a week ago, and this i7 Octacore with 16Gb RAM and Windows 10 is certainly fast, and has...
  10. Windows 1809 update causing SERIOUS instability!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 1809 update causing SERIOUS instability!: An expensive, very, custom ASUS running PERFECTLY for 18 months now, in spite of Microsoft force-feeding 'feature' updates into it (has nobody at Microsoft ever entertained the idea that some of us could not care any less about having new 'features'?). That was until the...