Windows 10: Update causing continuous reboot loop

Discus and support Update causing continuous reboot loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing the latest 10 update (which seemed huge and extra slow to dl) my PC is stuck continuously rebooting before desktop is reached. And... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ScottWicks, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Update causing continuous reboot loop

After installing the latest 10 update (which seemed huge and extra slow to dl) my PC is stuck continuously rebooting before desktop is reached. And before you ask again, No it doesn't reach desktop status & also No I shouldn't need/have to download windows from another device and do a fresh install AGAIN.

:)

ScottWicks, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t/450597e7-c3c6-4338-a2ac-88f90aaf0aef?auth=1

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Oct 3, 2018
  3. HD7 reboot loop during update

I am facing this issue of reboot loop whenever I try to update the phone. It goes into a reboot loop after step 6 of upgrade and does this for an hour.

SachinNigam, Oct 3, 2018
  4. hexified1 Win User

Update causing continuous reboot loop

Computer in reboot loop after update

This doesn't solve the problem. The update causes my computer to go into a reboot loop so it's not able to do a clean boot as it doesn't boot back into the OS at all.

I'm using windows 10 home, and do not have the option to defer upgrades.

Hiding updates doesn't help as Microsoft forces the updates to install and reboot on my system continually causing my computer to reboot into a reboot loop and not work at all. This is an in issue with the MS update not installing properly.

What do I have to do to ensure the update installs properly without it causing a reboot loop? or how do I disable the 1709 update entirely because hiding it doesn't work when Microsoft forces it on my machine.

hexified1, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Update causing continuous reboot loop

1. Update causing continuous reboot loop - Similar Threads - Update causing continuous

2. Windows 10 20H1 Feature Update Servicing causing reboot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H1 Feature Update Servicing causing reboot loop: Hello, currently we deploy the Windows 10 20H1 feature update via ConfigMgr / Servicing. The update seems to be installed correctly no issue in softwarecenter - Softwarecenter tells "Reboot required" after the reboot the Clients are still on 1909 and the installation process...
  3. Windows update reboot loop

Windows update reboot loop: Hello My computer is trying to update but is unable to do it so undo it reboot and retry the update KB5000802 after more the 12h of reboots i forced it to shutdown waited a bit and started again it undid the update and booted normaly but since this update is critical...
  4. Continuous reboots

Continuous reboots: I have a Lenovo Yoga 3rd generation and until the last 2 Windows 10 updates, it worked fine. Since the last 2 updates I am experiencing multiple Blue Screens several times daily and it is quite frustrating. There is no rhyme or reason for it to happen as it occurs at random...
  5. Windows 10 Update System Removal caused reboot loop

Windows 10 Update System Removal caused reboot loop: A recent Microsoft update evidently had a problem and when the system on my ASUS Windows 10 laptop tried to remove it then my machine went into a reboot loop trying to undo the update. I've tried everything on the internet to try hard reboot 3 times, tried putting Windows 10...
  6. PC continues to reboot in a loop after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC continues to reboot in a loop after windows update: Hi there, I am having issues with my Acer PC after a windows 10 update. PC going into a reboot loop. I can go into the bios using del/f12 keys but have failed to reboot from hard-drive, removal device and usb etc so no avail. PC keeps saying its trying to go back to last...
  7. My computer is stuck in a continuous reboot loop.

My computer is stuck in a continuous reboot loop.: My computer is stuck in a continuous reboot loop and I can't get to "Safe mode" and as soon as the windows goes into "Repair" it reboots. How do I use my USB recovery drive to reboot the system. F11 or F8 does not work. Thank you...
  8. Bitlocker troubleshooting: continuous reboot loop

Bitlocker troubleshooting: continuous reboot loop: Tired to resolver using this - https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/18671.bitlocker-troubleshooting-continuous-reboot-loop-with-bitlocker-recovery-on-a-slate-device.aspx This didn't help. How do i resolve this issue? [IMG]...
  9. Stuck in a continuous loop of rebooting the computer

Stuck in a continuous loop of rebooting the computer: I have been trying to reboot my computer. Ive gotten to the 100% completion of the restarting of windows, but it now continues to power off, power back on, load, flash same picture, and repeat again. It has been doing this for the past 24 hours. How do i fix this?...
  10. Windows Update causing dual monitors to rotate in continuous loop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows Update causing dual monitors to rotate in continuous loop: Last night one of the Windows (anniversary?) updates messed up the connection to my second monitor (which is a TV and only used to watch movies) and as a result whenever I switch to it or even duplicate my screen it keeps hanging in a continuous flashing loop, either...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft update install causes continual re boot

2. windows 10 update causing reboots

3. latest win upgrade causes machine to reboot during load

4. windows stop code continuous reboot,
  5. windows updates cause computer to continuously reboot