Windows 10: update causing crash

Discus and support update causing crash in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; here i am again with an update crashing my computer ( windows 10). the first time was may. after nearly two years of running perfectly, an update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by maggiebacher, Dec 28, 2018.

1. update causing crash

here i am again with an update crashing my computer ( windows 10). the first time was may. after nearly two years of running perfectly, an update crashed it. it turned off to restart and never came back on. no safe mode, nothing. took it in under the warranty and had to pay a hundred bucks to have the software re-installed. then we did the same thing twice in july within a few days of each other. they waved the reinstall fees fortunately. once more in august and again in september. the place we bought it won't even honor the extended warranty anymore. i got to the place where i didn't even install anything on it just waiting for it to crash. i finally thought it might be stable but update 1809 crashed it again dec 28. now what?!

:)

maggiebacher, Dec 28, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

GPU-Z 0.7.5 causing crashes on load up

Any chance you could narrow it down to which running application causes GPU-Z to crash? Ideally steps to reproduce for me here.

W1zzard, Dec 28, 2018
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

update causing crash

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Thema:

update causing crash

1. update causing crash - Similar Threads - update causing crash

2. Attempting to update GPU drivers causes crash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempting to update GPU drivers causes crash.: Anytime I try to update/roll back or do anything with my GPU drivers my PC crashes into a black screen. When it boots back in if it even does, sometimes I end up in a boot loop and have to revert to a restore point or completely reinstall Windows I end up with the Microsoft...
  3. Windows Mail app update causing crashes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail app update causing crashes?: The last 2 days, I have having a few crashes and freezing on 3 of my PCs. The Windows Mail app seems to the the problem and is not loading emails on all accounts. Are there any know issues with Windows 10 Pro? The only other common demonstrator is AVG Pro Anti Virus...
  4. Windows Mail app update causing crashes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail app update causing crashes?: The last 2 days, I have having a few crashes and freezing on 3 of my PCs. The Windows Mail app seems to the the problem and is not loading emails on all accounts. Are there any know issues with Windows 10 Pro? The only other common demonstrator is AVG Pro Anti Virus...
  5. Windows Mail app update causing crashes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. update KB5004945 Causes crash loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update KB5004945 Causes crash loop: Hello. I am having a problem. My laptop says that on the next restart it has to install the kb5004945 update. But after doing so, the windows never starts anymore. It just loops the automatic repair screen. Then restart. And then again. It happened 3 times already. And the...
  7. Update caused crash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update caused crash: This afternoon, I sat down to work on the PC, and found it was updating. I've never encountered afternoon updates before, but waited for completion. When it was done, the screen remained black, and there was a series of four loud tones, then four lower tones. Then it...
  8. Windows Updates Causing Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Updates Causing Crash: I have a Dell XPS that I bought in 2017. It has been awesome and I haven't had any big issues until now. About 2 months ago there were some updates I don't know what they were. I install updates automatically, and soon after they were installed Windows 10 would not boot up. I...
  9. Did recent W10 updates cause crashes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did recent W10 updates cause crashes?: Windows 10 is freezing recently (existing programs such internet, windows UI-startup, Task manager, etc all freezes). However, I click still go into my drive folders (C Drive, D Drive) and open new files. I did virus scan, Prime95 tests (no errors), and monitored my heat (no...
  10. Recent update causes game to crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent update causes game to crash: After the last update I get a game crash in COD 2 BO. I get a message of unhanded exception caught. I get a freeze screen that can not be closed without rebooting the computer. This is the event. Faulting application name: t6sp.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x50c7e945...