Windows 10: Update causing crazy behavior - cd rom keeps grinding and I get this on restart now

Discus and support Update causing crazy behavior - cd rom keeps grinding and I get this on restart now in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/roberta_sparrow [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/roberta_sparrow, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Update causing crazy behavior - cd rom keeps grinding and I get this on restart now

/u/roberta_sparrow, Feb 22, 2020

2. Windows 10: CD ROM drive is recognised, but some CD ROMS won't run - any ideas

Hi Matty,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Have you checked the CD in a different computer? What is the status?

• Does this issue specific to any particular CD?

I suggest you to clean the disk and try again. Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, Uninstall and reinstall the device from Device Manager. To do so, follow these steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager.

• Find the DVD/CD-ROM drives and expand it. Now, right click on it select
      Uninstall.

• Restart the computer and Windows should reinstall the device.
    Make sure you have the latest Windows Updates installed. Also check for the optional updates which may have the required drivers for the device.

Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    i buy a new laptop without cd rom

Hi Teodor Adrian,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible reason why your external CD ROM is missing. To provide you the accurate resolution, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Are you getting any error message?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot your CD or DVD which is not recognized by Windows or other programs.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Update causing crazy behavior - cd rom keeps grinding and I get this on restart now

My cd rom can't read my cd's/dvd's

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I would recommend you to manually update DVD/CD-ROM driver from the
    Device Manager.

Step 1: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa on
    how to Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Step 2: I suggest you to uninstall the DVD/CD-ROM driver from the Device Manager and check.

Follow the steps to uninstall the driver.

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.

• Search for DVD/CD-ROM driver and expand it.

• Right click the device, and click Uninstall.

• Restart the computer.

• Right click your computer name in Device Manager and click
      Scan for hardware changes. Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.
    If the issue still persists then, I would recommend you to download and install the latest DVD/CD-ROM driver in compatibility mode from the manufacturer and check if it works.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Update causing crazy behavior - cd rom keeps grinding and I get this on restart now

1. Update causing crazy behavior - cd rom keeps grinding and I get this on restart now - Similar Threads - Update causing crazy

2. cd rom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cd rom: I have tried every suggestion on how to get windows 10 to recognize my cd drive,but nothing works. Is there any way to have microsoft correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/24c94139-11c5-4287-baff-1155b368f717
  3. cd rom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cd rom: I have tried every suggestion on how to get windows 10 to recognize my cd drive,but nothing works. Is there any way to have microsoft correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/24c94139-11c5-4287-baff-1155b368f717
  4. CD Rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD Rom: I cannot open any of my word documents since I purchase a new office 365 can you help please. The message is saying there might be something wrong with my CD Rom drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/d4ad6025-8f38-4e94-9fb8-8e23ccacea88
  5. CD Rom

CD Rom: I have a Lenovo laptop which is running off of Windows 10. I updated my computer some tome ago where ever since, I cannot play any DVD's. I have tried to diagnose the problem for months now and I am at a loss. My driver says that it is working properly and is up to date,...
  6. cd rom

cd rom: put cd in pc but can not find it at all, other bought cds normally comes up automatically, want to transfer it to my photos this is a cd made from a camcorder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/cf75d50f-69d8-44f1-b0f1-f44e86610239
  7. CD Rom

CD Rom: The D drive (CD Rom) appears in the explorer but I can't have it display the info on the disc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/4810c955-de87-4f6c-8106-7ede083218d8
  8. CD Rom

CD Rom: I go to play a CD in my DVD drive Audio CD CDFS. Then it tells me this file does not have an app associated with it for performing tis action, Please install an app or if one is all ready installed create and association in the default apps setting page. I don't know how to...
  9. cd rom

cd rom: hi, I installed a cd rom about 6 months ago, and never really ever had it work correctly. I put a information cd in and it will not load. I checked the device manager to confirm it is in the list, and I have removed/ reinstalled drivers several times....
  10. CD ROM

CD ROM: I inserted a CD in the port> The CD did not work > I ejected the CD ROM and the tray was empty without the CD. How do you retrieve the CD? I just bought a Dell XPS 8930 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/5bfa4de6-c511-4ef0-a940-b86ee13d92c3