Windows 10: Update causing Windows Repair loop

Discus and support Update causing Windows Repair loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The latest Windows 10 update, after restart, doesn't let me log in to my computer. Windows seems to be stuck in a Windows Repair Mode loop, where every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertRivard2, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Update causing Windows Repair loop

The latest Windows 10 update, after restart, doesn't let me log in to my computer. Windows seems to be stuck in a Windows Repair Mode loop, where every option simply results in Windows restarting and winding up at the same place.

A complication is that while "Continue to Windows 10" results in a restart, "Troubleshoot" and all the options it gives say "You need to sign in as an administrator account to continue, but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC." Absurd situation.

The "forgotten your password or can't see your account?" option results in a restart and Windows Repair.

:)

RobertRivard2, Sep 3, 2019

2. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Sep 3, 2019
  3. larry Win User
    larry, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Update causing Windows Repair loop

Automatic Repair Loop

Hi,

Unsuccessful installation of an update could be a possible cause why you are experiencing the automatic repair loop. To address this concern, we suggest running the Startup Repair tool using your bootable USB. This tool can scan and repair damaged system
    files. Follow these steps to run the Startup Repair tool:

• Insert the bootable USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
    • In the Windows Setup page, select the language to install, Time and currency format and the keyboard or input method and click on Next.
    • Click on Repair your computer and select Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced options and select Automatic Repair and select the operating system. You might also require changing the boot priority in BIOS in order to allow the computer to boot from CD/DVD.

Important: While scanning the hard drive if any bad sectors are found, the scanner tries to repair that sector, any data available on that might be lost.

Note: Modifying BIOS settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications
    of the settings are at your own risk.

Keep us updated about the result.

Darleen Pen, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Update causing Windows Repair loop

1. Update causing Windows Repair loop - Similar Threads - Update causing Repair

2. Can't Update without causing automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Update without causing automatic repair loop: Somewhere around Feb 16 or 17 an update was installed that created an issue. When I rebooted a few days after that, I entered an automatic boot loop. SFC and DISM were not able to resolve the issue, but I was able to system restore to a state on Feb 16. I then did the scans...
  3. Windows 10 Update Changes Drive Letters and Causes Automatic Repair Loop

Windows 10 Update Changes Drive Letters and Causes Automatic Repair Loop: Hello! I am hoping someone can directly answer my question without offering any advice...just looking for an answer. I installed a Windows 10 update last night, and I'm getting the "Preparing Automatic Repair" infinite loop. Using the command prompt, I saw that my drive...
  4. What Caused the Automatic Repair Loop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What Caused the Automatic Repair Loop?: I installed Cyberlink PowerDVD, but I never ran it. That is, until I inserted that Toy Story DVD. If it wasn't running that software that caused the automatic repair loop asking me to select a keyboard layout when I restarted my computer, then it must've been the Toy Story...
  5. Windows October Update caused Automatic Repair Boot Loop, I'm stuck

Windows October Update caused Automatic Repair Boot Loop, I'm stuck: Hi, On October 14th, when I shut down my laptop, there was a forced update and shutdown or restart. So I shut it down and slept. The next day, I started up my laptop, and, instead of logging in, it started some automatic repair. Then it took me to the automatic repair...
  6. Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop - Causes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop - Causes: We have seen a bunch of Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loops in the last couple of years and I wanted to share what the possible causes are, especially since these loops happen sporadically and without apparent reason, although it seems to always involve a Windows Update...
  7. Firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime: Hi, i have an Asus FX705DX laptop (Ryzen 3550H) and i've been having the same issue since i bought it several months ago. Everytime a new Firmware (BIOS) update from Asus is installed automatically by Windows Update my system runs into an Automatic Repair Loop and nothing i...
  8. Update causing Windows Repair loop + no administrator

Update causing Windows Repair loop + no administrator: The latest Windows 10 update, after restart, doesn't let me log in to my computer. Windows seems to be stuck in a Windows Repair Mode loop, where every option simply results in Windows restarting and winding up at the same place. A complication is that while "Continue to...
  9. Computer in automatic repair loop - aswElam.sys is cause

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer in automatic repair loop - aswElam.sys is cause: This has just started happening a few hours ago, after I restarted my computer. Trying to restart does not work, nor does Startup Repair. It just continues to loop, it doesn’t boot into Windows at all. Srttrail.txt (after a startup repair) lists: “Boot critical file...
  10. Startup Repair Loop - Caused by Mouse ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup Repair Loop - Caused by Mouse ?: Hey clever-minds I am writing out of desperation, my issue is not the biggest but it's annoying as stomping your toe on the corner of a table or something. When I start my computer I have to have my orginal mouse that came with the computer connected, else it just goes...