Windows 10: Update changed my screen resolution

Discus and support Update changed my screen resolution in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My pc updated a couple of days ago without asking me, it has since changed my resolution to have an inch of black bars on the sides, top, and bottom of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BulkBrogan, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Update changed my screen resolution

My pc updated a couple of days ago without asking me, it has since changed my resolution to have an inch of black bars on the sides, top, and bottom of the screen. Even when I try to change the resolution in the settings it doesn't change these bars. I've also tried editing the settings of my monitor to no avail.

Is there some way to change it back to normal?

Normal resolution is 1920x1080.

:)

BulkBrogan, Sep 1, 2019

2. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Update changed my screen resolution

Laptop Screen Resolution Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers.

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Step 2: Kindly follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select Keep changes.

There will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows. We will be happy to help you.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Update changed my screen resolution

1. Update changed my screen resolution - Similar Threads - Update changed screen

2. Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<": Hello, today I have a small problem but it makes me crazy I have searched everywhere and can find a solution to it. my laptop Latitude E7470 i5 6th Gen. Screen resolution was 1980 x 1080 recommended and it was fine, but I have been installing Ubuntu for a short time and...
  3. Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<": Hello, today I have a small problem but it makes me crazy I have searched everywhere and can find a solution to it. my laptop Latitude E7470 i5 6th Gen. Screen resolution was 1980 x 1080 recommended and it was fine, but I have been installing Ubuntu for a short time and...
  4. How to change the resolution of my screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the resolution of my screen?: Hello! I would like to ask how to change the resolution of my screen in my Windows 10 right now, its 1080pmy specifications panel: 15.6-in., ultra-high-deƭnition UHD 3840×21604k capable, AntiGlare, white light-emitting diode WLED, liquid crystal display LCD, UWVA, 72, 340,...
  5. Screen resolution changed since update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen resolution changed since update: After a recent update my screen resolution has changed and no matter what I have tried nothing has helped to return it to normal. Any suggestions gratefully accepted...
  6. Change screen resolution

Change screen resolution: Since I installed Win 10 (over Win 7) icons JPGs are distorted- too wide The res recommended for this monitor is not available when I go to personalize on the desktop....
  7. Windows update is changing screen max resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update is changing screen max resolution: Over the last few months there have been multiple Windows 10 updates from Microsoft that change the maximum possible resolution of my 4K Samsung U24E590D monitor (connected via HDMI) from it's supported maximum of 4096x2160 back to 1920x1200 and there is nothing I can do to...
  8. change screen resolution

change screen resolution: I have a laptop running Windows 10 and screen resolution of 800*600. I’d like to increase this resolution so that I will be able to watch some programs. Before the upgrade I used Ubuntu and Windows 8 on this computer and didn’t have any problems with changing resolution...
  9. change screen resolution

change screen resolution: how do I change my screen resolution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-screen-resolution/34c8b5fe-01c1-4a31-bb33-5f496e03e8b9
  10. Screen resolution will not change

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution will not change: My screen resolution is currently 1024 x 768, but needs to be 2048 x 1536. It will not change when I go to settings, I merely get a message that says "Input not Support". When I tried the help online, it said I need to update the graphics driver, but two attempts to do so...