Windows 10: update changed my screen saver

Discus and support update changed my screen saver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Actually, it gave me a second SS! The one I have on the working desktop is okay, but pre-log-in, it used to be in the generic plain green. But now it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by puntz, Sep 27, 2016.

1. puntz Win User

update changed my screen saver

Actually, it gave me a second SS! The one I have on the working desktop is okay, but pre-log-in, it used to be in the generic plain green. But now it's used an old SS from my file of pictures. This happened in the big update last week.
    I've searched and searched but (I think) because I don't know the proper term for either of these desktops, I'm not finding any answers.

So it's when initially logging in and before putting in the computer password.

Thanks for any help - you all are always so helpful on here.*Smile

:)

puntz, Sep 27, 2016
  2. PJLTEST Win User

Glance Screen Does Not Show after Creator Update with Battery Saver On

Lot's of comments on this in the Feedback Hub. It is an unwelcome change with the Creators Edition.

PJLTEST, Sep 27, 2016
  3. new update - screen saver wont wake up

After the latest update, my screen saver will not turn off unless I control/alt/delete and then cancel. Also, I tried to go into my preferences and change my screen saver to something different and I cannot even find the screen saver settings. It is no
    longer available. I even tried doing a computer search for it. Its not there. ?????

GaySanders, Sep 27, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Try here:

update changed my screen saver [​IMG]

Turn it off

CountMike, Sep 28, 2016
  5. puntz Win User
    Well I go to the foot of our stairs!

I really thought I'd explored all that but evidently not!

Thank you so much. You're a star!

puntz, Sep 28, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    You're welcome, I don't like too many pictures on desktop and screens, most of it is just plain color. Screen savers not using since old boob tube monitors.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. update changed my screen saver - Similar Threads - update changed screen

2. Change Screen Saver application will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Screen Saver application will not open: So I wanted to install a new screen saver to add to the list of screen savers in the application and I clicked "Install" on a screen saver and then I tried to open up the Change Screen Saver application and now it won't open. Does anyone have a fix for this? Windows Version...
  3. Change Screen Saver application will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Screen Saver application will not open: So I wanted to install a new screen saver to add to the list of screen savers in the application and I clicked "Install" on a screen saver and then I tried to open up the Change Screen Saver application and now it won't open. Does anyone have a fix for this? Windows Version...
  4. windows changes my speakers setup after screen saver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows changes my speakers setup after screen saver: hiWindows 10 pro version 21H1.Windows keeps my default audio output my Sony receiver with hdmi. I choose speakers setup 5.1, but when i wake it up from screen saver, windows changes my speakers setup to stereo.Your help please!...
  5. Screen saver

Screen saver: Whatever I do to Settings I've suddenly found it impossible to get a screen saver. Any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/f2fe8145-4578-471a-875b-75234a993fb1
  6. how to change screen saver settings

how to change screen saver settings: want to change amount of time before screen saver turns on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-screen-saver-settings/0b1bf1e5-ce2b-499b-b89a-477afd7195cc
  7. Changing Screen Saver settings on PC

Changing Screen Saver settings on PC: There must be some way to increase the time to allow Windows update t****sh the desktop goes to bubbles and turn to black and blocks the update to finish. the circling little dots are not enough to keep it open long enough to install. ***Original title: How do I change...
  8. Cannot change my screen saver picture

Cannot change my screen saver picture: I physically cannot change my screen saver background. The button is actually disabled, does anyone know what to do or how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-my-screen-saver-picture/23883cef-2ee8-459e-b6b3-17c8a982fa41
  9. I want to change my screen saver photo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to change my screen saver photo: I forgot how to change my screensaver photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-my-screen-saver-photo/72d02ebe-bb7d-4a22-babb-d1d78f9d6952
  10. Change to login screen w/ screen saver in Creator's Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change to login screen w/ screen saver in Creator's Update: I installed the Creator's Update - 1703 - on my Latitude E5450 laptop over the weekend. I was a little bit startled the first time the screen saver went on. I could no longer click my mouse or tap the keyboard to get the password login box to show. I finally figured...