Windows 10: Update channels - Torrent?

Discus and support Update channels - Torrent? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Anybody else notice this? Looks like a torrent! [img] 4799 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by f14tomcat, Mar 19, 2015.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Update channels - Torrent?

Anybody else notice this? Looks like a torrent!

Update channels - Torrent? [​IMG]

:)

f14tomcat, Mar 19, 2015
  2. AlexaC84 Win User

Weather Channel update

How do I undo the Weather Channel update? It's awful and parts aren't even visible.

AlexaC84, Mar 19, 2015
  3. JG2yang1 Win User
    Weather Channel update

Hi,
    AlexaC84
    . Thank you for posting on the community. Once the application/game has been updated, there is no option to install the previous version. We'll take this as feedback. Feel free to post here is you have other questions.

JG2yang1, Mar 19, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

5. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Mar 19, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    Thanks *Smile.

Got the caricature from a "concerned citizen" who didn't like the fact that I had a cigarette in my mouth in the old one. The original photo the new avatar is based on can be seen here.

7. adamf Win User
    p2p is not the same as torrent

adamf, Mar 19, 2015
  8. adamf Win User

I preferred the old one. I might even go and make a mock-up as a homage but I'll have to buy some cigarettes first. No worries - I was planning to anyway.

I think you must remind me what your hat looked like though.

adamf, Mar 19, 2015
  9. Kari Win User
    No, of course not but the final update system when ready might include using torrents.

I believe that this feature will be quite useful. Take a home network with several computers as an example, it would be enough to get the updates for one computer then the rest of them could pick the updates from this already updated PC.

10. f14tomcat Win User
    I realize that. Just making an observation of the similarity of the process, multiple sharing of like data. Faster downloads, in theory. I have nothing against it, as long as MS has the security locked down with Gorilla Glue! Thoughts?

f14tomcat, Mar 19, 2015
  11. adamf Win User
    Thoughts? It is an excellent idea. I had to try 7 or 8 times to download Office 2015 preview (for mac) as it would download 2GB and repeatedly give up.

p2p is far more reliable and far faster.

adamf, Mar 19, 2015
  12. CountMike New Member
    Still nothing of "No reboot" upgrading.

CountMike, Mar 19, 2015
  13. adamf Win User

What are you talking about? If you change an object that is being used you must remove the lock before it can be replaced. If the OS is locking it you have to reboot. It is obvious.

adamf, Mar 19, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    I think he's describing the way Linux does it's updates.

BunnyJ, Mar 19, 2015
  15. CountMike New Member
    Obvious in windows but doesn't have to be. MS was kinda promising it.

CountMike, Mar 19, 2015
Thema:

1. Update channels - Torrent? - Similar Threads - Update channels Torrent

2. Bit torrent uninstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit torrent uninstallation: I wanted to tell you that I uninstall bit torrent from my laptop bit it's some hidden files are showing names bit torrent helper. So can I delete this hidden files because I already uninstalled bit torrent from my laptop. And I also want to know will this files created...
  3. installing torrents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing torrents: I installed uTorrent web, but I cannot install the torrents themselves I watched the video and did everything it says but mine does not have the PLAY button to install the torrent...
  4. installing torrents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing torrents: I installed uTorrent web, but I cannot install the torrents themselves I watched the video and did everything it says but mine does not have the PLAY button to install the torrent...
  5. installing torrents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Torrent Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Torrent Problem: Hello, whenever I download UTorrent, and I right-click on it, it doesn't have the "open containing folder". Why's that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/torrent-problem/2520f0ab-6686-49d5-a7f9-3196a1fc842b
  7. Torrent files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Torrent files: Can you send me Info on how to use torrent files to download files and install them safely thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/torrent-files/09e04758-9fdb-4c32-8aaf-9e16c23d62be
  8. Torrent virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Torrent virus: Split from this thread. Hello i have a torent virus and i cant take it off or i cant remove it can you help me remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/torrent-virus/c30a1715-1534-42c6-9a2b-ccf0aa13664a
  9. Decent Windows Torrent client (torrents are legal !!!)

Decent Windows Torrent client (torrents are legal !!!): Hi folks Can anybody please suggest a decent (not ad ridden) bit torrent client for Windows -- torrents can be perfectly legal and safe for downloading proper software (e,g red hat - now part of IBM, centos etc linux distros) which keeps loads on servers balanced --perhaps...
  10. Torrent list reload

Torrent list reload: Hello, I lost all my torrent download list on the Bittorrent torrent client because i had to format Windows. Is it a way to reload the download list (batch) or store it so i can recover it before Windows become faulty? 106131