Windows 10: Update chaos

Discus and support Update chaos in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. Just visited my parents and found they have not been able to use their computer or access the internet for a few months because of a microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Emjh, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Emjh Win User

Update chaos

Hi. Just visited my parents and found they have not been able to use their computer or access the internet for a few months because of a microsoft update. I've had a look and got nowhere. They dont have smart phones or internet access now. Passwords Microsoft require are unknown or dont exists. I've also just found out that my elderly neighbours are in the same position! I cannot imagine a company as large as Microsoft has a system to sort this but could you let me know so I can pass on the info?

Again I see I have a list of headings at the end of this which is not useful.

[Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Connecting to Outlook.com with apps and devices]

:)

2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update chaos :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Chaos Intellect 4.1

Chaos Intellect will not work since upgrade to Windows 10. Chaos people say it's compatible, Trouble Shooter says incompatible...please help.

RichardHornerNC, Aug 14, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Update chaos

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Update chaos

1. Update chaos - Similar Threads - Update chaos

2. I have no more access to my Microsoft Store so like updates like one year ago...Chaos?Fraude?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no more access to my Microsoft Store so like updates like one year ago...Chaos?Fraude?: I have no more the control my Windows.....No access to my Microsoft Store so like updates like one year ago...My Chaos?I think in this situation is to complication and till this punkt is already to much to be my fallt because before worked perfect and now i just dont...
  3. I have no more access to my Microsoft Store so like updates like one year ago...Chaos?Fraude?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have no more access to my Microsoft Store so like updates like one year ago...Chaos?Fraude?: I have no more the control my Windows.....No access to my Microsoft Store so like updates like one year ago...My Chaos?I think in this situation is to complication and till this punkt is already to much to be my fallt because before worked perfect and now i just dont...
  4. I have no more access to my Microsoft Store so like updates like one year ago...Chaos?Fraude?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Windows update creates chaos - needs to be reinstalled?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update creates chaos - needs to be reinstalled?: I got my new computer on Friday - this morning I did the update and now Windows doesn't load - tried restarting as recommended, tried turning it off as recommended, can't reinstall Windows without my computer guru because I'm not a computer expert. You had one job guys - you...
  6. Chaos after installing updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Chaos after installing updates: After installing updates recently, I find that if my computer is left and times out/goes to sleep, it can take upwards of 20 minutes to open up. I have been re-starting the computer with the reset button under the power switch Can anyone help please 143562
  7. Is there a recent update that is causing chaos?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there a recent update that is causing chaos?: I'm seeing a lot of questions here that each have the same problems that I have been encountering. Im about to flip out. I cant tell if I'm being hacked or is it the new additions"features " aka updates. Everything is going haywire. And there is a lot of extra I haven't...
  8. 1903 update caused fatal chaos on my system..

1903 update caused fatal chaos on my system..: Hi there, I was forced to get the 1903 update, after which a large number of issues went wrong with my computer. Installation went smooth, no errors or whatever. After the install however, my computer started having problems with my user account. I couldn't log on anymore...
  9. Dell inspiron N5110 window 10 update chaos

Dell inspiron N5110 window 10 update chaos: Here some of the info that may be needed: update: kb4284835 ms window 10 home 10.0.17134 build 17134 (upgrade offer from window 7 well with in the time limit for free copy) core i5 8gb ram geforce gpu. The issue all started yesterday 26/8/18 from a update 30 min...
  10. Windows 10 update chaos

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 update chaos: Hi all, After a recent update, Windows, basically, deleted my existing desktop. I've had to reinstall apps, wallpapers, settings, and browsers (Firefox and Chrome) but now all my passwords and bookmarks are missing. Contacted Windows tech who performed a remote...