Windows 10: Update chnaged my password to a PIN

Discus and support Update chnaged my password to a PIN in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had my technical support do a deep clean and then update Windows 10. I am the administrator and when I try to sign into windows, the update changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeborahGregory-Wehn, May 12, 2021.

1. Update chnaged my password to a PIN

I had my technical support do a deep clean and then update Windows 10. I am the administrator and when I try to sign into windows, the update changed my password to a pin . When I try to reset through Microsoft it says there is an error after accepting the security code obtained. I am locked out of all of my files, email and windows. My technical support worked with me for over 2 hours and we still cannot get in. Can someone help me?

:)

DeborahGregory-Wehn, May 12, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, May 12, 2021
  3. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, May 12, 2021
  4. Update chnaged my password to a PIN

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Update chnaged my password to a PIN

1. Update chnaged my password to a PIN - Similar Threads - Update chnaged password

2. After updating my laptop, my password changed to a pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After updating my laptop, my password changed to a pin.: Hi my name is Emma. I was about to shut down my laptop but saw the option to update and shut down, so I did that. When I went back on my laptop, instead of enter “password” there was enter “pin”. I never made a pin and I don’t know my pin. I saw that I could choose “Sign in...
  3. After updating my laptop, my password changed to a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating my laptop, my password changed to a pin.: Hi my name is Emma. I was about to shut down my laptop but saw the option to update and shut down, so I did that. When I went back on my laptop, instead of enter “password” there was enter “pin”. I never made a pin and I don’t know my pin. I saw that I could choose “Sign in...
  4. After updating my laptop, my password changed to a pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PIN instead of my Password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN instead of my Password?: Please help, My laptop got updated and now I have to use a PIN to log into my computer, but I would rather use my Password instead of this new PIN. Is there a way to change that back? I've looked everywhere and I can't see to find anything that gives me this option. Natalie...
  6. Windows file format chnaged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows file format chnaged: Hi, I am facing a big problem. I'm using windows 10. All my files has been changed to .mmnn format. Ex: my_cv.docx changed to my_cv.docx.mmnn. How to solve this problem. Please help me....
  7. CHNAGE PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    CHNAGE PC: currently I am windows 10 home user and I purchase another licence of windows 10 pro. I want to transfer my windows 10 home licence to another pc and install windows 10 pro in my current laptop. I try many time for change but problem not solved. kindly do the needful at...
  8. How To Chnage Your Computer Password If You Forget With Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How To Chnage Your Computer Password If You Forget With Microsoft Account: How To Chnage Your Computer Password If You Forget With Microsoft Account I Read More Articles They Said Reset Microsoft Account passowrd i also reset i didn't get any change please answer my question fast beacuse i forget my computer password now how can i reset please...
  9. Windows 10 login: how to chnage e-mail/pin combination into name/password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 login: how to chnage e-mail/pin combination into name/password: Hi, I set up a new laptop running Win10. During the setting, I was asked to provide an e-mail address and a PIN. As a result, - I now need to login with my e-mail address and this PIN... which is not what I wished (to be comparable with my other computers running Win7,...
  10. This week's updates changed my PIN to my Windows password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    This week's updates changed my PIN to my Windows password: This is my personal one-user PC. Upon booting, I usually enter a 4 digit PIN. This week's updates changed my PIN to my Windows password, the same one I use for live.com. I want to change it back, but am wary, as I've been confused with Windows passwords before. I just want...