Windows 10: update common software mngr and Lexnet Connect Agent

Discus and support update common software mngr and Lexnet Connect Agent in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dragon Naturally Software is asking me to update Common Software Mngr and Flexnet Connect Agent, but I cannot discover how that is done. Some help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gypsycomp, Jul 13, 2021.

1. gypsycomp Win User

update common software mngr and Lexnet Connect Agent

Dragon Naturally Software is asking me to update Common Software Mngr and Flexnet Connect Agent, but I cannot discover how that is done. Some help would be apprciated? win10.0.19042.1083

:)

gypsycomp, Jul 13, 2021
  2. Kol12 Win User

Unable to connect to Cyberpower http://localhost:3052/agent/

Thanks @Jimbo. I will work through your suggestions when I get a chance. I should note that when I installed PPBE around a week ago it was connecting to the UPS management pages and then it suddenly stopped with the connection errors. I can't recall fiddling with anything network related so this is kind of odd.

On a side note what does the 3052/agent/ part of localhost mean and how does that open the UPS management software in the browser?

Kol12, Jul 13, 2021
  3. skytrails Win User
    desktop agent tray error message in windows 10

I tried the following suggestion. When I got to step 4, the list provided no checkmarks to uncheck and the icon for Desktop Agent Tray was a checkmark in a yellow circle. nothing happened when I clicked on the yellow circle with the checkmark. the title
    on the list was Desktop Agent Tray(2) Clicking on the title opened a title beneath the Desktop Agent Tray (2) which did not have the (2)

the publisher of both titles was CenturyLink Inc and the status for the entry with the (2) was enabled and the status of the other entry was blank. Changing the status to disabled did nothing. the Start up impact was listed as high. There was another
    entry under the two Desktop Agent Tray titles There was an icon then Dw20 with a high start up impact. No where was there a place to uncheck or delete. So far the box which lists the error disappears and there seems to be no problem. I just wonder why
    it is there,

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Desktop Tray Agent is a program used by Qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL (Digital Subscribers Line) based connections to computers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check for the status:

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig.
    • Go to Startup tab.
    • Click on Open Task Manager.
    • Uncheck Desktop Agent Tray from the list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

skytrails, Jul 13, 2021
  4. ajnanyc Win User

Unable to connect to Cyberpower http://localhost:3052/agent/

Hi. Did you manage to resolve this problem? I too have the same issue of not being able to connect to UPS via http://localhost:3052/agent/battery_backup_status or PowerPanel Business Edition Agent (which essentially opens a link in browser to http://localhost:3052/agent/. I can however connect to the UPS with the PowerPanel Personal client. I have tried all the suggestions in this thread (disabling firewall, etc) and still no go. It was working fine up to now, and I do not recall making any changes regarding this.

ajnanyc, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

1. update common software mngr and Lexnet Connect Agent - Similar Threads - update common software

2. Ridiculous Trying to Connect with an Agent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ridiculous Trying to Connect with an Agent: My life goal is just to speak to someone at Microsoft.com regarding a billing question via chat or in person. I have never encountered such ridiculous run around of links in my life. For the love of god, don't try the phone number - "support is now on line". But there are no...
  3. Ridiculous Trying to Connect with an Agent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ridiculous Trying to Connect with an Agent: My life goal is just to speak to someone at Microsoft.com regarding a billing question via chat or in person. I have never encountered such ridiculous run around of links in my life. For the love of god, don't try the phone number - "support is now on line". But there are no...
  4. Ridiculous Trying to Connect with an Agent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update Agent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Agent: I used Windows Update Agent API to scan the missing patches on the machine and the patch Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 version 1.325.782.0 is reported as missing while the machine has the latest patch Security Intelligence Update...
  6. update common software mngr and Lexnet Connect Agent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update common software mngr and Lexnet Connect Agent: Dragon Naturally Software is asking me to update Common Software Mngr and Flexnet Connect Agent, but I cannot discover how that is done. Some help would be apprciated? win10.0.19042.1083 182482
  7. Microsoft Virtual Agent Software for Purchase

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Virtual Agent Software for Purchase: Good afternoon! I have been asked to pull information about a software product titled, "Microsoft Virtual Agent." In my internet-research I seem to be finding out about 'what the agent does' as opposed to how one could go about purchasing the software product for on-prem...
  8. Flexnet Connect, Common Software Manager, uninstall; what's wrong with this picture?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Flexnet Connect, Common Software Manager, uninstall; what's wrong with this picture?: Am I the only one that finds it troubling that I have to go to the website of the company making software I don’t want or trust, to download and install more software from a company I dont trust, to get rid of the software I don’t want? Everything Ive read says the same...
  9. Flexnet Connect, Common Software Manager, what ever

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flexnet Connect, Common Software Manager, what ever: Am I the only one that finds it bizarre that I have to go to the website of the company making software I don’t want or trust, to download and install more software from a company I dont trust, to get rid of the software I don’t want? Everything Ive read says the same thing;...
  10. what is Flexera Common Software Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    what is Flexera Common Software Manager: What is Flexera Software Manager and should I remove it from my computer? It is listed twice in my startup menu. It is not in the applications uninstall list in Windows 10. Thank you...