Windows 10: Update confusion

Discus and support Update confusion in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have update KB4034674 (Build 15063.540) successfully install on 8/8/2017. Then on 8/13/2017 KB4032188 (Build 15063.502) failed to install 6 times.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MikeCA, Sep 1, 2017.

1. MikeCA Win User

Update confusion

I have update KB4034674 (Build 15063.540) successfully install on 8/8/2017. Then on 8/13/2017 KB4032188 (Build 15063.502) failed to install 6 times. Since KB4032188 is an earlier build I assume that's why it failed. However, why would it even try to install at all since it's earlier than KB4034674?

:)

MikeCA, Sep 1, 2017

2. Confusing Update

Why is there an update for the Windows 10 Insider Preview in my update notification instead of the offical version of Windows 10 home edition. The published date is July 23. It reads as following Update to Windows 10, Start installing the newest version
    of windows now. It shows the size as 2,712.6 MB. Clicking the more info button only brings up the standard Q&A, but when I click on the show all available updates button and then click the more info button it shows in a new window that this update is the insider
    preview version. This is confusing as I am not sure to update since it is not what I want which naturally is the full and offical version I am waiting for.Any help or insight to clearify this uncertain update would have my thanks.

TimothyKelley, Sep 1, 2017
  3. Updating confusion

Reply fastly

Shahid OsZzy, Sep 1, 2017
Thema:

Update confusion

1. Update confusion - Similar Threads - Update confusion

2. 22H2 Update Confusion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    22H2 Update Confusion: Yesterday the 22H2 update became available for my machine currently on Windows 11 Home 21H2. Tried to update through Windows update, stalled at 8% downloaded, after 2 hours of waiting, put it on pause because of other commitments, planning to retry updating this evening when...
  3. 22H2 Update Confusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22H2 Update Confusion: Yesterday the 22H2 update became available for my machine currently on Windows 11 Home 21H2. Tried to update through Windows update, stalled at 8% downloaded, after 2 hours of waiting, put it on pause because of other commitments, planning to retry updating this evening when...
  4. I confused automatically installed antivirus software with new Windows update, and detleted...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I confused automatically installed antivirus software with new Windows update, and detleted...: After installing uTorrent i had RAV Endpoint Protection,automaticly installed, i actually thaught that it was a strange windows antiwirus update first, and i did the foolishest thing ever-ran a scan with it, it has concluded I have malware, something with my webcam etc and i...
  5. Intel microcode update confusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Intel microcode update confusion: Windows 10 Home v 20H2 x64 Asking about Intel microcode update for Spectre/Meltdown protection. CPU is i5-2400S, and apparently KB4465065 addresses variants of both issues. However confused over whether or not this update can/should be applied: GRC InSpectre reports all...
  6. Small Business In Need of Dire Help Amid Update Confusion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Small Business In Need of Dire Help Amid Update Confusion: Hi, Our Shop has 2 dell laptops both the same models, one is from May 2020 we bought and another in Nov 2020. The May laptop apparently did the 20H2 update but today it has four options on the power button, update and restart, restart, shutdown, and update and shutdown. In...
  7. New Microsoft 2020 updates makes my laptop a lot slower and more confusing

New Microsoft 2020 updates makes my laptop a lot slower and more confusing: So I paused an update since May 2020 and I resume it on Des 2020, I thought this will fix some of my hardware and devices issues, I updated it to 100%, Opened it with caution and big expectation just to look at everything goes down: - Cortana opened again - Almost every...
  8. AMD Driver update confusion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Driver update confusion: I have a laptop with AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfxseen from system properties so can I install Auto-Detect and Install Updates for Radeon™ Graphics and Ryzen™ Chipset Drivers for Windows®. Do it update AMD Radeon settings lite software also? Is that safe?...
  9. Help on Oct 2020 update confusion

Help on Oct 2020 update confusion: Hi yesterday October 18, I had to do the update and restart my laptop, which took over an hour for it to complete. But today after signing into my laptop, this appeared in my power button and now I am concerned that maybe yesterday's update and restart didn't work as it...
  10. Confusing approach to windows updates?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Confusing approach to windows updates?: This is both a complaint about, and request for how to fix/recognise, an issue involving confusing update messaging by Microsoft. I'm using windows 10-2004 on a desktop. Migrated from windows 7 4 months ago. Recently there were media advisories about an out-of-band...