Windows 10: Update/Corrupt Account/Files Removed

Discus and support Update/Corrupt Account/Files Removed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Kia ora/hello, Windows 10 recently forced another update on my computer. As a result, only one user account is corrupted can log in, but all settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Senorita.Jess, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Update/Corrupt Account/Files Removed

Kia ora/hello,

Windows 10 recently forced another update on my computer. As a result, only one user account is corrupted can log in, but all settings set to default, all files gone. Can access some files via Users>Account name. How do I:
    1 Recover removed files the ones missing from account name?
    2 Stop Windows destroying everything each time computer turned off and on?

Thanks heaps.

:)

Senorita.Jess, Apr 17, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Update/Corrupt Account/Files Removed

Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: Add or remove accounts on your PC

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Update/Corrupt Account/Files Removed

1. Update/Corrupt Account/Files Removed - Similar Threads - Update Corrupt Account

2. Cannot remove corrupted work or school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove corrupted work or school account: Hi, Situation:Windows 11 Pro, new Dell machine, connected to Microsoft 365 account for login.Outlook was connected to a second M365 account, sadly a GoDaddy one.Machine had a fault, and had hardware replaced.Since then, Outlook has failed to connect to the account. When...
  3. Cannot remove corrupted work or school account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove corrupted work or school account: Hi, Situation:Windows 11 Pro, new Dell machine, connected to Microsoft 365 account for login.Outlook was connected to a second M365 account, sadly a GoDaddy one.Machine had a fault, and had hardware replaced.Since then, Outlook has failed to connect to the account. When...
  4. Corrupt File on C: Drive Unable To Be Removed!

Corrupt File on C: Drive Unable To Be Removed!: Hello,I recently put my PC to sleep, before that I had a Windows update ready to download but I hadn't done it yet. After I woke my PC up the monitors weren't displaying an image this happens to me sometimes when I put it to sleep so I did what I always do and let it sit for...
  5. Removing a corrupt file on an external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing a corrupt file on an external drive: I have a corrupt file on a SanDisk drive that I need to erase. attached is an image of my problem. Can anyone suggest a way to remove this folder and file?...
  6. Removing a corrupt file on an external drive

Removing a corrupt file on an external drive: I have a corrupt file on a SanDisk drive that I need to erase. attached is an image of my problem. Can anyone suggest a way to remove this folder and file?...
  7. Corrupted account with Read-Only Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corrupted account with Read-Only Files: Split from this thread.I am asking again. Please help on this thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-have-a-corrupted-profile-after-a-recent-update/eb162228-4c88-4ae2-ac5c-0d983694d35e?messageId=5a3dc637-37ec-4164-acc4-c18acc9328aeI have...
  8. App crashing and removing corrupt files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    App crashing and removing corrupt files: Hello Everyone, This is Sagnik, An user of Windows 10 2004 version and a dell laptop. Recently, I had one of my apps namely Dell Support assist crashing when tried to open it. The technicians suggested to do a sfc scan in cmd, and some corrupt files were found, which it was...
  9. Account Creation, Files Corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Account Creation, Files Corrupted: I Made an account on a different Computer, it had a lot of icons on the desktop but then they disappeared for some reason and i'm trying to get it back but it says it's corrupted and it even signed me out of my email the files have a lot of important Information and i need...
  10. How to remove corrupted or readable file

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove corrupted or readable file: Somehow my Visual Studio 2017 community installation has failed. A folder called Roslyn is corrupted or unreadable. I cannot delete it, even running CMD as an Admin. Reinstalling VS 2017 doesn't work because it needs that folder. SO...what to do? Thanks. RON 97893