Windows 10: Update Crash

Discus and support Update Crash in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just restarted my computer as there was a pending update. However, my computer has frozen on a black screen. I turned it off and on yet it still has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NathanielHudson1, Jan 13, 2021 at 8:12 PM.

1. Update Crash

I just restarted my computer as there was a pending update. However, my computer has frozen on a black screen. I turned it off and on yet it still has not booted

:)

NathanielHudson1, Jan 13, 2021 at 8:12 PM
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

4. bumgarb42 Win User

Update Crash

Add-Ons for Firefox crash since update to 80

I left Firefox open over night and attempted to login to LastPass this morning - all the addons crashed. I had Firefox Task Manager open at the time and before attempting the login all addons were in the list and not using very much resources. After attempting login, all of the addons disappeared from the Firefox Task Manager list.

I will try the additional suggestions.

If I want to try a new profile without losing my saved/sync profile (and hopefully with the option of syncing my data back into the new profile) what steps should I take? Or is it just a given that if it is profile corruption, the sync profile is junk...?

Thanks!

Update Crash [​IMG]

Update Crash [​IMG]

Thema:

Update Crash

1. Update Crash - Similar Threads - Update Crash

2. Internet Browsers Crashing after updating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet Browsers Crashing after updating: Hello, I have an HP Spectre 360 purchased around 2015 and up until recently its worked very well. I updated windows the other day and ever since both Edge and Chrome have been crashing after they open for a few seconds. The only thing that will actually stay open is...
  3. Windows Update & Microsoft Store crashing - Windows 10 version 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update & Microsoft Store crashing - Windows 10 version 20H2: Since update two days ago, the Microsoft store and Windows updates are crashing. Microsoft Store: When I open the store it takes ages to load and then if I click downloads & updates the screen freeze and after a few minutes the store crashes. I have tried the wuauserv...
  4. All games are crashing after last Windows Update

All games are crashing after last Windows Update: After the last Windows Update all my games are crashing mid-game. Game freezes for 5 seconds then I get a black screen with the mouse cursor and then the game continues normally. This is repeating every 1 to 5 minutes making the gaming experience awful. I also tried to update...
  5. Network status page crashing/Win update not working/win store broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network status page crashing/Win update not working/win store broken: Okay, so here's the issue, when I open network and internet settings the "status" tab on the settings app makes it crash, only the status one wifi and ethernet ect. work fine. [img] My internet is also fine, but windows seems to not detect it. A few seconds after going...
  6. Windows Security settings show up as blank and Windows Update always crashes.

Windows Security settings show up as blank and Windows Update always crashes.: [ATTACH] This is what is shown when I try to find a windows update. Additionally, if I click on any of the other tabs here, the window freezes up. [ATTACH] And this is what is displayed when I try to access windows security. I have already tried running the usual...
  7. All of my Games are Crashing since the Last Update

All of my Games are Crashing since the Last Update: Hi, I've easily been running games on my laptop from both steam and origin until the Driver Update- Intel Corporation - Software Component- 17.9.1.1012 or the Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus. Now any game has been crashing after 10 minutes. How...
  8. Cannot check for updates, as it keeps crashing the settings page.

Cannot check for updates, as it keeps crashing the settings page.: I have been trying to check for updates because I notice a lot of UsoClient processes in my task manager, but whenever I press check for updates in setting, the settings tab crashes. Does anybody know why this is happening or how to fix it?...
  9. Xbox Accessories Application crashing when updating controller firmware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Accessories Application crashing when updating controller firmware: Just got the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller and when attempting to update the firmware for it through the Xbox Accessories application, it crashes when I hit "continue" on the "Before we start..." screen. Event shower shows this: Faulting application name: Devices.App.exe,...
  10. Video card driver crashed while playing any games after updating windows 10 to latest version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video card driver crashed while playing any games after updating windows 10 to latest version: Hey, I have a PREDATOR HELIOS 300 laptop having i7-9750H, RTX 2060, 16 Gb RAM but looks like every time I open any game like CSGO, valorant, Shadow of the tomb raider. My game crashes and shows the driver card crashed. I formatted PC too many times after that new update of...