Windows 10: Update crashed my computer

Discus and support Update crashed my computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am really upset right now. My computer automatically updated the Microsoft 10. Needless to say it corrupted my computer with a blue screen. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dina916, May 29, 2020.

1. Dina916 Win User

Update crashed my computer

I am really upset right now. My computer automatically updated the Microsoft 10. Needless to say it corrupted my computer with a blue screen. I searched for 2 days attempting to figure it out and ended up having to back up my computer. Which took 27 hours to do. Then I had to restore my computer and delete everything. Which I might add was very devastating, because I take a great deal of pictures. Photography is my hobby. After going through all of the inconvenience, stress and anxiety, I attempted to reach out to Microsoft by phone. I have subscriptions for one of their apps with upgrades and at first the representative told that there wasn't a record of my purchases and after I did the digging, I found them. I told her that I wasn't particularly upset with her, because after all it is not her fault. I am upset with Microsoft and I need to know what they are going to do to fix all of this. I guess she no longer wanted to talk to me, so she placed me on hold and never came back to the phone. I am angry now. So, I suppose that I am just at a loss and I need to file a complaint with Paypal to refund my money.

:)

Dina916, May 29, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 29, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

4. Update crashed my computer

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Update crashed my computer

1. Update crashed my computer - Similar Threads - Update crashed computer

2. Update KB5010414 crashes my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update KB5010414 crashes my computer: After installing the update it takes about a minute and a half for explorer.exe to load. After it loads all programs take longer to launch and explorer.exe crashes. I am unable to do anything while it loads on boot up because I don't have a taskbar. After I use restore all...
  3. Update KB5010414 crashes my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update KB5010414 crashes my computer: After installing the update it takes about a minute and a half for explorer.exe to load. After it loads all programs take longer to launch and explorer.exe crashes. I am unable to do anything while it loads on boot up because I don't have a taskbar. After I use restore all...
  4. Oct 14th update crashed my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Oct 14th update crashed my computer.: As of right now, waking up this morning to an update that seemed to crash my computer. I have alot of music on there and productiin software i dont even have the disc for anymore, and as of this morning am now resetting it hopefully fixes it but please tell me i havent lost...
  5. windows 10 update crashed my computer

windows 10 update crashed my computer: my computer crashed from win 10 update, I tried to get fixed myself big mistake I thought I had it fixed so I rebooted it but i needed to reactivate windows ,before i rebooted , so now it is stuck in reboot loop and I don't know what to do. I need help * Moved from...
  6. Windows update crashed my computer

Windows update crashed my computer: After installing the latest update, my computer gives me 4 options, continue, use a device, troubleshoot, and turn off the PC. I have tried everything, and nothing works. I I need to fix this soon, I have homework to do and I don't care if that means delete my files...
  7. windows updated crashed my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows updated crashed my computer: It won't boot, there are no restore points, help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updated-crashed-my-computer/7fe184b6-aa45-4924-aca3-aefcac9ac974
  8. Update crashed my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update crashed my computer: My computer did an automatic Windows update and now it is crashed. I tried rolling back the update, but it didn't work, my computer was unable to perform the requested service. sfc/scannow didn't work because suddenly critical drivers were missing, it only made it through 21%...
  9. Update crashed my computer....

Update crashed my computer....: I have an ASUS Rog gaming computer that won't exit BIOS after an auto Microsoft update last night. This is a 1400 computer that I'm still paying on and I'm livid at this point. How in the world can a company get away with this nonsense??? I have tried changing everything...
  10. Windows update is crashing my computer

Windows update is crashing my computer: Every time my computer does a windows update, my computer monitor screen goes black and I can't get it back up. I'm assuming it's doing a reboot and goes to sleep, but don't know because the monitor goes black and won't come back up. I have to turn my computer off and back...