Windows 10: Update: crashing, slow, missing programs...

Discus and support Update: crashing, slow, missing programs... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; W10 installed a major update this morning. Immediately, the computer slowed way down -- taking up to 15 minutes to open programs which normally open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by I hate ten, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Update: crashing, slow, missing programs...

W10 installed a major update this morning.

Immediately, the computer slowed way down -- taking up to 15 minutes to open programs which normally open in seconds.

Then, it stated crashing repeatedly. Browers, quickbooks, thunderbird, etc, everything keeps crashing.

Some apps no longer work. The Windows Mail app doesn't do anything.

PDf files can no longer be opened.

Quickbooks can no longer save pdf files or print files.

My computer no longer recognizes my printer.

I've spent ten hours (is that why it's called "10", because it takes 10 hours to fix it?) today trying to restore some programs, but the computer is running too slowly and keeps crashing.

Orders I had to get out today for Christmas won't be shipped. Thanks, micorosoft, for ruining christmas!

I've always used PCs., because I liked the simplicity and control they allowed. No longer. Ten is simultaneously dumbed-down and opaque.

To hell with it. My next computer will be a Mac.

:)

I hate ten, Dec 14, 2015
  2. afgzee Win User

Facebook for Windows Phone Bugs

There has been no update for Facebook for Windows Phone since 1st July 2012 and no announcement on their facebook page, there are many bugs people are experiencing such as slow notifications, program crashing, application running slow, pictures not loading
    and still no timeline support. Who do i contact regarding a fix or an update please?

afgzee, Dec 14, 2015
  3. Mendak- Win User
    why does windows suck?

windows is terrible :

SLOW

CRASHES

UPDATES CRASH

USELESS PROGRAMS

DID I MENTION CRASHES?

CANNOT PERFORM TASKS

DID I MENTION USELESS PROGRAMS?

WHAT IS PEOPLE?

WHY DOES WINDOWS SUCK SO BAD

UNSABLE

DID I MNTION USLESS PROGRAMS??

WHO IS CORTINA?

WHY DONT I HAVE ACCESS TO ALL THE FILES ON MMMMYYYYYYY COMPUTER????

DID I SAY IT CRASHES???

(Program Not Responding)

Windows Explorer is not responding would you like to a) install Android or suffer with windows???

Why cant you guys sort this MESSSSSS out?

Mendak-, Dec 14, 2015
  4. Update: crashing, slow, missing programs...

Microsoft MUST change their policy on Windows 10 Home and once again allow the user to
    if they desire MANUALLY select updates download and install them.

This is like watching a train wreck happening, if MS has learned ANYTHING they need to admit that
    forcing the updates is NOT the correct answer for EVERY USER!

PLEASE MICROSOFT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO REPEAT THE DISASTER THAT WAS WINDOWS 8
    LISTEN TO YOUR LOYAL USERS AND ONCE AGAIN ALLOW MANUAL UPDATING FOR WINDOWS 10 HOME !!!!!

I actually think Windows 10 is a good OS but the forcing of the updates on 10 Home users is turning loyal users again the OS and MS.

legacy7955, Dec 14, 2015
Thema:

Update: crashing, slow, missing programs...

1. Update: crashing, slow, missing programs... - Similar Threads - Update crashing slow

2. slow and missing network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow and missing network: I have a serious problem. I just got my internet on my pc but it is loading really slow. I tried restarting now and the connection went missing. Internet is working fine in my phone....
  3. slow and missing network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow and missing network: I have a serious problem. I just got my internet on my pc but it is loading really slow. I tried restarting now and the connection went missing. Internet is working fine in my phone....
  4. Programs crashing after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs crashing after update: Windows 10 32-bit On the night of 11 March Windows must have updated. the next morning when I logged on it did the usual slow "do not turn off - updating.... which it does after an upgrade. Since then several programs have crashed with a blue screen and message saying...
  5. After updating to 20H2, Programs are loading slow.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After updating to 20H2, Programs are loading slow.: I searched the sub-reddit and didn't see if anyone else is having this issue, so if this is a repost I apologize. But essentially. I updated to 20H2, and anytime I go to launch a program, Chrome, Discord, Game, whatever. They are taking an extremely long time to load up. I...
  6. Programs loading slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs loading slow: When I click on a program (double click), the program doesn't pop up. When I click on it again, it might come up, but when I do this I get two of the program running. Any clue on why this is happening? Thanks 166737
  7. Programs slow to open

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs slow to open: Hey guys for about a month or so every time I go to use right click (on say C: to do a cleanup) it can take upto a minute to give me any options. Normal right click works fine (unless selecting say an iso or other file, then it takes ages), but opening things even notepad can...
  8. Programs slow to open

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs slow to open: Hey guys for about a month or so every time I go to use right click (on say C: to do a cleanup) it can take upto a minute to give me any options. Normal right click works fine (unless selecting say an iso or other file, then it takes ages), but opening things even notepad can...
  9. missing programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    missing programs: I cannot find accessories in my start up. I am trying to find out why I cannot download from the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-programs/c587f983-bac3-486e-9abc-3131d1f8ed08
  10. Computer slow, programs crashing and frequent blue screening

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer slow, programs crashing and frequent blue screening: Hello, I'm writing this from my phone because my computer is unusable for extended periods of time right now. My primary hard drive (the one with my windows installation) is becoming very problematic. It started yesterday when I noticed programs randomly hanging and not...