Windows 10: Update Deleted Files?

Discus and support Update Deleted Files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, people. I have been waiting from the support thing for an advisor for a while now, and have yet to receive an answer. Maybe someone here can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Flintzer0, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Flintzer0 Win User

Update Deleted Files?

Hey, people.

I have been waiting from the support thing for an advisor for a while now, and have yet to receive an answer. Maybe someone here can help?

My laptop just did an update. When the update was completed, I noticed all of my user preferences like preferred browser and background images were gone. After looking more into it, it seems that the update deleted all of the data, documents, pictures, music, and downloads not saved to my hard drive. Luckily, the hard drive still has all of its information. I had yet to back up a lot of that data, and so I've just, seemingly, lost a huge amount of information. Is there some way that I can maybe locate and/or restore the lost data?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

:)

Flintzer0, Apr 6, 2020
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Apr 6, 2020
  3. M3cael Win User
    Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Hey,

I'm trying to have some software read from a .text file a number (GPU Temp) but the software will only the first number in a list (Or the first anything)

Is there a way to have to log file delete the previous entries and write the new number in it's place without any headers?

EDIT:

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Apr 6, 2020
  4. rk3066 Win User

Update Deleted Files?

Deleting the "SoftwareDistribution" Files

I noticed that "Depending on your HDD Space and you made sure your Updated on Windows 7" that you can delete all the Files "Going into Safe-Mode of course" but i saw a .Txt File that shows the Updates you've installed "That i deleted by mistake" but by deleting that File i saw the updates needed to be installed again but i knew weren't true.

So yeah what ya' think? Should this be a good idea? I saw that over 3GB worth of files!

rk3066, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Update Deleted Files?

1. Update Deleted Files? - Similar Threads - Update Deleted Files

2. deleted files after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    deleted files after update: After the update on 11/15/22021 my computer reset. None of my programs got deleted, but all my files, pictures, downloads, videos, desktop shortcuts have all been deleted. In addition, I downloaded several documents on February 16th then my computer updated again on February...
  3. deleted files after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted files after update: After the update on 11/15/22021 my computer reset. None of my programs got deleted, but all my files, pictures, downloads, videos, desktop shortcuts have all been deleted. In addition, I downloaded several documents on February 16th then my computer updated again on February...
  4. deleted files after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleted files from update

Deleted files from update: I have just installed the latest update on my Dell laptop and all my documents and pictures have been deleted, can anybody tell me how to recover these please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-files-from-update/ab88fe24-81ff-41e8-858a-b5200147f076
  6. Windows Update Deleted Files

Windows Update Deleted Files: Hello! My computer installed the new Edge update overnight and when I logged on this morning all the names for my programs were black and fuzzy like a censor blur and my recent files from word were gone. I restarted the computer and was greeted to a window saying the new Edge...
  7. Update 1809 deleted files

Update 1809 deleted files: Windows update 1809 installed automatically on Feb 9th. It lost all of my files. I found them and copied them back to My Documents/Pictures?videos etc. I also set up Outlook again. On Feb 12th an update happened again and all files were gone. Outlook also lost my profile...
  8. Is this the File deleting windows update?

Is this the File deleting windows update?: [ATTACH] I checked for updates and got this. I'm afraid to restart because I think this is the file deleting windows update plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-the-file-deleting-windows-update/79147cd1-85a2-43a0-a560-5e796a3f2978
  9. Update 1809 deleted files

Update 1809 deleted files: I installed a new built update for the 1809 set. Well, I found out after my computer restarted that two folders that i had created were deleted. Well, i just restored back to the earlier build of 1803 only to find out that the folders are visible but i get a message stating...
  10. Windows Update Deleted files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update Deleted files: Hey with it staying short i recently last night had a windows update which i set it to auto do it this morning and after the update i realised my pictures, music, videos all wiped nothing at all in them and i tried back-up but it was "off" coz this never happened to me so...