Windows 10: update deleted my files

Discus and support update deleted my files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My pc did updates late last night (updates were KB 4487044 & KB 4470788 ) when turning pc on I have discovered that all my saved files including... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LesleySantana, Feb 23, 2019.

1. update deleted my files

My pc did updates late last night (updates were KB 4487044 & KB 4470788 ) when turning pc on I have discovered that all my saved files including Photo'd video's and downloads have been cleared . Favourites I had saved have also been deleted . I have no idea how to find where they have gone . I tried to do a systems restore to an earlier date But there isn't an earlier date update deleted my files :( Has anyone got anyideas what I can do to at least find all my photo's and albumns .

:)

LesleySantana, Feb 23, 2019
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Feb 23, 2019
  3. M3cael Win User
    Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Hey,

I'm trying to have some software read from a .text file a number (GPU Temp) but the software will only the first number in a list (Or the first anything)

Is there a way to have to log file delete the previous entries and write the new number in it's place without any headers?

EDIT:

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Feb 23, 2019
  4. rk3066 Win User

update deleted my files

Deleting the "SoftwareDistribution" Files

I noticed that "Depending on your HDD Space and you made sure your Updated on Windows 7" that you can delete all the Files "Going into Safe-Mode of course" but i saw a .Txt File that shows the Updates you've installed "That i deleted by mistake" but by deleting that File i saw the updates needed to be installed again but i knew weren't true.

So yeah what ya' think? Should this be a good idea? I saw that over 3GB worth of files!

rk3066, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

update deleted my files

1. update deleted my files - Similar Threads - update deleted files

2. Windows update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update deleted all my files: The latest Windows update has really done some bizarre things. I am not sure what is going on at Microsoft but these updates are really messing up my system. The last one in August stopped all games that used Unreal Engine from working and this one has taken it to another...
  3. Windows update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update deleted all my files: The latest Windows update has really done some bizarre things. I am not sure what is going on at Microsoft but these updates are really messing up my system. The last one in August stopped all games that used Unreal Engine from working and this one has taken it to another...
  4. Automatic update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic update deleted all my files: My computer was literally on and it just restarts out of nowhere and then all my files are gone once I log back in. I’m in college so it would be nice to get my fucking files back. Thanks. submitted by /u/ciscowizneski [link] [comments]...
  5. 1909 update deleted my files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1909 update deleted my files?: I thought this update would be normal but it ended up deleting my files like notepad files, pdfs, pictures, videos. submitted by /u/Sneaky_robo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkj6ka/1909_update_deleted_my_files/
  6. Update Deleted Files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update Deleted Files?: Hey, people. I have been waiting from the support thing for an advisor for a while now, and have yet to receive an answer. Maybe someone here can help? My laptop just did an update. When the update was completed, I noticed all of my user preferences like preferred...
  7. Will manual update delete my files?

Will manual update delete my files?: I need to update my windows 10 to 1903 but the update gets failed everytime I try from settings. So I just wanted to know if I download latest version from microsoft website and update it will I lose files? Thanks....
  8. Update deleted all my files

Update deleted all my files: Hi, I went to turn my computer on, and my computer began to install updates. When it finally finished, all of my files were deleted. Everything. I tried to restore it, but there is no restore point data either. How do I get all my information back? Thanks! Caitlyn...
  9. Windows 10 update deleted my files

Windows 10 update deleted my files: There must have been an update with Windows 10. I have not used my laptop since April 15. I logged in yesterday and my password was not accepted. Once I did her access, I found all my files were GONE! MS where are my effen files!!!!’...
  10. Windows update delete ALL MY FILES

Windows update delete ALL MY FILES: Hello there, i do manual update on my freshy reinstalled work laptop. After that (which takes litteraly hours) finaly i realize that the only remaining thing from my hard disk is probably the desktop picture. I have a previous Windows.old folder where was all my important...