Windows 10: Update Desktop Icon

Discus and support Update Desktop Icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, After a windows update an Icon appears on my desktop. Can these Icons be deleted without losing the update fix? They read: desktop.ini I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertGiberti, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Update Desktop Icon

Hello,

After a windows update an Icon appears on my desktop. Can these Icons be deleted without losing the update fix? They read: desktop.ini

I have deleted them in the past, however, I'm now getting a warning not to delete. Can they be hidden?

Rob

:)

RobertGiberti, Jun 24, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Update Desktop Icon

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Update Desktop Icon

1. Update Desktop Icon - Similar Threads - Update Desktop Icon

2. Desktop icons moving after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons moving after update: Hello everyone. Recently updated my PC. Was one of the updates that says update and shutdown when powering off the PC. When I restarted the PC. All of my icons are bunched up in the corner all stacked up on each other. I cannot move them to where I want them on the desktop. I...
  3. Desktop Icons and Background Changed on Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop Icons and Background Changed on Updates: This makes the third time today that MS has forced an update on me, even though my Features Updates are deferred for 90 days and is set to ask me about installing updates. That's not counting the other times this past week that this has happened. When you're running 3 PCs and...
  4. Desktop icon after installation/update

Desktop icon after installation/update: Is there a way to prevent programs to add their shortcut to the desktop after installing/updating when you cant untick the option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-after-installationupdate/14be3433-7448-43ab-8715-b0a330b2aab3
  5. Desktop icons not working after update

Desktop icons not working after update: So, my computer updated while I was sleeping. When I went to get on it, it was messed up. First, an error kept popping up and making my screen go black. The error was system 32 could not find desktop. Second, the update deleted all my files, applications, and even...
  6. Icons on the desktop disappeared after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons on the desktop disappeared after update: My Laptop got updated a couple of months ago and all the icons that were on the desktop went missing. There are still available under the desktop folder though. I am not able to bring them back to the desktop screen....
  7. desktop icons gone after update

desktop icons gone after update: I want to ask why after a update windows 10 home version 1709 build 16.299.785 my icons are gone from the desktop and 1 icon came back on my taskbar, and when I click that all does come back....this is so weird, can you help me to resolve this. thank you...
  8. windows update desktop screen icons

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows update desktop screen icons: After the last Windows update today all of these icons shown in the screen suddenly appeared & I can’t delete them or do anything with them. I can’t do a system restore as no restore points are showing. I did the restore about 3 or 4 month’s ago but they don’t show up now....
  9. windows update changed desktop icons

windows update changed desktop icons: Update changed the desktop icon sizes and arrangement, how can I return them to previous views? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-update-changed-desktop-icons/777e250b-b3c5-4903-b316-f7efd57f3303
  10. Desktop icon on desktop

Desktop icon on desktop: Hi, A desktop icon suddenly appeared on my desktop.. If I delete it, the whole desktop is also deleted... The desktop folder on the drive, does not contain that icon. Does anyone has any experience with this scenario? *Smile 5511