Windows 10: Update does not complete

Discus and support Update does not complete in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have twice tried to do an update. Each time it gets to91% and nothing more happens. Last night is stuck at 91% for 12 hours. When I reboot, there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bernard Liengme, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Update does not complete

I have twice tried to do an update. Each time it gets to91% and nothing more happens. Last night is stuck at 91% for 12 hours. When I reboot, there is a message stating that changes are being deleted.

Here is the update info.

Update does not complete ef3c28fd-d281-432a-ae58-6faefc8fb417?upload=true.png

:)

Bernard Liengme, Mar 13, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update does not complete :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 "Couldn't complete updates"

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

I suggest you to go to Windows services and restart the Windows Update service and check if it helps. Follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Press Windows Key + R and type “services.msc” (without quotes)
    • Hit Enter.
    • Search for Windows Update service in the list.
    • Right Click on it and stop it.
    • Again right click on it and start it.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Mar 13, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

Update does not complete

Forum upgrade complete

The upgrade to XenForo 2 is now complete.

Please report any issues/requests/ideas in this thread.

TODO:
    • Look into style improvements
      (feel free to suggest ideas)
    • Custom post edit time limit addon
    Fixed:
    • PM sending throwing an error
    • Adjust maximum width
    • Add stats below avatars
    • Logout link missing on TPU main site
    • Forum not sending emails
    • Added posts per day
    • Add news boxes on forumhome
    • Highlight stickies better
    • Add long service badge
    • Add sigpic plugin
    • Look into avatar size for thread view
    • Heatware in BST
    • Sigquote

W1zzard, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Update does not complete

1. Update does not complete - Similar Threads - Update does complete

2. Windows 10 x64 Update KB5019959 does not complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 x64 Update KB5019959 does not complete: I saw another posting on this issue and wanted to say I have the same issue. Details are as follows:I have been trying many times to install the latest update KB5019959. It downloads and installs, but fails on restart with the error 0x80070003every time.I have run the Windows...
  3. Windows 10 x64 Update KB5019959 does not complete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 x64 Update KB5019959 does not complete: I saw another posting on this issue and wanted to say I have the same issue. Details are as follows:I have been trying many times to install the latest update KB5019959. It downloads and installs, but fails on restart with the error 0x80070003every time.I have run the Windows...
  4. Windows 10 x64 Update KB5019959 does not complete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Updating Windows 10 x64 with KB5019959 does not complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Windows 10 x64 with KB5019959 does not complete: When updating Windows 10 x64 with KB5019959, upon completion and rebooting, the laptop says update could not be completed, then removes update. Any ideas why it cannot complete the update?...
  6. Updating Windows 10 x64 with KB5019959 does not complete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating Windows 10 x64 with KB5019959 does not complete: When updating Windows 10 x64 with KB5019959, upon completion and rebooting, the laptop says update could not be completed, then removes update. Any ideas why it cannot complete the update?...
  7. Updating Windows 10 x64 with KB5019959 does not complete

8. Does closing the lid stop Windows updates completing?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Does closing the lid stop Windows updates completing?: To switch off a laptop we can click on 'Start / Shutdown' or press the power button. In the event we did this when Windows was in the middle of installing updates then the update process continues to complete the installation before fully switching off and we can see this...
  9. Winsat does not complete

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Winsat does not complete: I just installed Windows 10 x64 Enterprise, updated the drivers, and installed all Windows Updates. I then decided to run winsat but it doesn't complete. The error is: Error in saving results to the datastore exe\main.cpp(5010) I have 6 files in the...
  10. Restart does not complete / activate Fall update

Restart does not complete / activate Fall update: It seems that the CFU has downloaded OK and one notification says a restart is required to complete the update. It does not work, even after restarting many times. Sometimes there is error 0x8024a112. How can I get the update to complete, from 1703 to 1709? Windows 10 64...