Windows 10: Update downloaded 8/13/2019

Discus and support Update downloaded 8/13/2019 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the update Windows is not operable. The screen with the four pane window on the right and a tag line on the bottom appears. In the lower left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by doverjohnson, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Update downloaded 8/13/2019

After the update Windows is not operable. The screen with the four pane window on the right and a tag line on the bottom appears. In the lower left corner is the Window’s Start icon, and the search box. There are no program icon’s. Ctrl+Alt+Delete displays the Lock, Switch User, Sign Out, Task Manager list. Selecting the Task Manager returns the computer to the original screen. Rebooting results in the same result. None of the F-key options work. The reset option will not work since the desk top computer will not recognize the DVD drive that holds the DVD disk. I have followed the instructions provided by Lifewire to the letter. All of them.

Does anyone have a recovery option that does no require the complete eraser of the hard drive and a reset to original factory settings?

:)

doverjohnson, Aug 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Aug 14, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Update downloaded 8/13/2019

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Update downloaded 8/13/2019

1. Update downloaded 8/13/2019 - Similar Threads - Update downloaded 2019

2. Intel update dated 4/8/2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel update dated 4/8/2019: I reinstalled windows 11 on my medion note book E3222 and in the process of updating this update was started. The update was not succesfull and i would like to delete it form windows update. There used to be a tool to do that but the page doesn't exist anymore. What to do...
  3. Intel update dated 4/8/2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel update dated 4/8/2019: I reinstalled windows 11 on my medion note book E3222 and in the process of updating this update was started. The update was not succesfull and i would like to delete it form windows update. There used to be a tool to do that but the page doesn't exist anymore. What to do...
  4. Windows 10 update 8/13/2022 3 KB's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update 8/13/2022 3 KB's: So after installing the first 2 KB's the 3rd one ending in 16 did not go at the same time. I shut the PC down overnight and turned on the system and the update ending in 16 still had not execute. It was taking 20 minutes afterwards to launch my antivirus. One program I have...
  5. Windows 10 update 8/13/2022 3 KB's

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 8/13/2022 3 KB's: So after installing the first 2 KB's the 3rd one ending in 16 did not go at the same time. I shut the PC down overnight and turned on the system and the update ending in 16 still had not execute. It was taking 20 minutes afterwards to launch my antivirus. One program I have...
  6. Windows 10 update 8/13/2022 3 KB's

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Intel update dated 4/8/2019

Intel update dated 4/8/2019: I am using Win 10 1909. How do I prevent the following "update" from being downloaded: Intel Corporation - System - 4/8/2019 12:00:00 AM - 30.100.1915.1 The "update" is OLD and is for a previous version of Win 10...
  8. Windows Update Nov 13, 2019

Windows Update Nov 13, 2019: The latest update has deleted several of my most recent Word documents completely. I've "searched everywhere", and looked manually in Users and my doc folder, but they are gone, gone, gone. Considering that the documents in question were university assignments, it is...
  9. This Week on Xbox: September 13, 2019

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox: September 13, 2019: DnC-zEFdOWw We know you’re busy and might miss out on all the exciting things we’re talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If you’ve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. We’ve pared down the past week’s news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if...
  10. failed to download/install January 8, 2019—KB4480962 update

failed to download/install January 8, 2019—KB4480962 update: My computer is running Windows 10 enterprise 2015 LTSB. There is plenty of free space on the SSD drive. There was no specific error code. The error message was: "There were problems installing some updates, we'll try again later...etc". I've tried several times, to no avail....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot open office following upgrade in august 2019

2. windows 10 patch on 8/13/2019

3. update win 10 13\8\2019