Windows 10: update downloaded with WSUS server but not install

Discus and support update downloaded with WSUS server but not install in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I have a problem With WSUS server I approve Updates for Client Clients download updates but not automatic installing them What should I do to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MohsenEbi, Oct 4, 2020.

1. MohsenEbi Win User

update downloaded with WSUS server but not install

Hi

I have a problem With WSUS server

I approve Updates for Client

Clients download updates but not automatic installing them

What should I do to get clients to automatically install updates?

update downloaded  with WSUS server but not install a07e4d8d-eade-4eab-b069-f13562a09e84?upload=true.jpg

:)

MohsenEbi, Oct 4, 2020
  2. CraigV75 Win User

WSUS - Servers not reporting in

Hi All,

I am busy with WSUS in a lab running off my laptop. Details are as follows:

1. 1 x Domain Controller running Windows Server 2019
    2. 1 x WSUS Server running Windows Server 2019
    3. 1 x Windows Server 2016 VM

I've installed WSUS on #2 and it's busy downloading updates I have selected. However, try as I might, I cannot get the other 2 servers to report in. Further information:

• All firewalls are disabled;
    • I can ping via name/IP successfully;
    • I can successfully run nslookup;
    • I cannot browse the http://servername:8530 site (in spite of generating the SS;
    • 2 GPOs were created (one for Test, one for PRD) and linked/enabled on the domain;
    • WSUS Service running on the other 2 VMs.

What can I check to ensure that this works? The GPOs are applied, but do I need OUs within AD itself and the servers placed in those, or is leaving them in the default container fine for now? Like I said, it's for test purposes, but I obviously need to get
    it running for further trials/tests I'd like to do.

Thanks!

Craig

CraigV75, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Unable to download wsus updates in windows 2016 wsus server.

Hi ,

I have installed new wsus server on windows 2016 server.I am facing strange issue.It is showing me updates are being downloading but my content folder is empty.

All microsft sites are allowed to this server and able to download update http://download.windowsupdate.com/ site.

Amit Kaushal (amit), Oct 4, 2020
  4. sy5tem Win User

The WSUS support thread

well i installed WSUS on a virtual machine on my home pc for testing ... pretty strait forward only thing is that the SQL server goes crazy on memory while synchronizing and updating ... mine went up to 8GB i don't know if it does this on first time only ? will see with usage...
    i installed 2008 on 1 VHD and i install all the update on another VHD that i can resize if needed, for now WSUS is telling me that it as downloaded 80MB of 69GB "on install i choose ALL windows flavour .."

sy5tem, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

1. update downloaded with WSUS server but not install - Similar Threads - update downloaded WSUS

2. WSUS Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSUS Server: Hi, I have a WSUS server Windows server 2012 r2.Some of the client windows 10 machines are showing not yet reported status.What is the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsus-server/283df429-9d8c-4efb-8405-d2e1a83a1c1e
  3. WSUS Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSUS Server: Hi, I have a WSUS server Windows server 2012 r2.Some of the client windows 10 machines are showing not yet reported status.What is the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsus-server/283df429-9d8c-4efb-8405-d2e1a83a1c1e
  4. WSUS not downloading updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WSUS not downloading updates: Hello. Upgrading WSUS server from 2012 to 2019. Everything seems to be working correctly but it when trying to download approved updates, the download fails. We checked firewalls, settings, etc..thoughts? Thanks in advance.....
  5. WSUS not downloading updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSUS not downloading updates: Hello. Upgrading WSUS server from 2012 to 2019. Everything seems to be working correctly but it when trying to download approved updates, the download fails. We checked firewalls, settings, etc..thoughts? Thanks in advance.....
  6. WSUS not downloading updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. WSUS server issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    WSUS server issue: In WSUS, we assigned a server to a specific group, and we can see it is in that group; however when I approved the updates to this group, all the other servers can detect the update except this server. But when I log in to the server, it could detect the update which has been...
  8. Approved Updates in WSUS downloading but not installing or Rebooting on Endpoints

Approved Updates in WSUS downloading but not installing or Rebooting on Endpoints: Does anyone know a reason why the approved updates for Windows 10 and Office 365, from the WSUS server, would download but not install or reboot on any of the endpoints with the following GPO settings? Thanks,...
  9. Wsus server consulting

Wsus server consulting: Hello, IT Microsoft expert I have some issue with a new Wsus standalone deployment, below info: Infraestructure: Windows Server 2016 patch last update. WSUS suceed latest Sync Database is completly cleanup Destination computers info Windows 7 Windows 10 LTSB...
  10. WSUS SERVER failed to download on client

WSUS SERVER failed to download on client: 019-08-29 03:34:49:357 836 23ac Misc = Process: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe 2019-08-29 03:34:49:357 836 23ac Misc = Module: c:\windows\system32\wuaueng.dll 2019-08-29 03:34:49:325 836 23ac Service ************* 2019-08-29 03:34:49:357 836 23ac Service ** START **...