Windows 10: update email address

Discus and support update email address in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to update my old email address to a new one. When I try to add the new one, I get an error indicating that my new email is already being used.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kevingibbons1, Aug 4, 2020.

1. update email address

I need to update my old email address to a new one. When I try to add the new one, I get an error indicating that my new email is already being used. So there appears to be no way to make the update.

The old email address is still active, but I am converting documentation for all of my accounts to the new address.

I am stuck. How do I get around this?

:)

kevingibbons1, Aug 4, 2020

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

Kari, Aug 4, 2020
  4. update email address

Windows Mail -delete bogus email addresses

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing in Mail app while adding the email address.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail and Calendar app installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen for all the emails?
    • Do you see the unknown email address when typing in the "To" filed or does it add automatically while you send?

The suggestions of email address can be from the emails that you may have received or sent. You may want to search the mailbox if emails from this address exists.

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

Step 1: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Reset App

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the
      Mail and Calendar app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

update email address

1. update email address - Similar Threads - update email address

2. email address

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    email address: My email address has changed. How do I change it at the app store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/b8cda33f-8848-475b-bc63-d80bf217e8e6
  3. Email addresses

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email addresses: I have an email address on my computer for a company that I no longer work for. How can I remove that email from my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-addresses/12e4eef4-979a-455e-9771-4cf590e85a18
  4. Email address

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Email address: Is there an email address for Microsoft? AI cannot help and I do not wish to talk to an agent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/6aad26e6-d57a-48dd-a09d-82e579a7dc78
  5. email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    email address: i have unwanted email address when i send my emails how can i delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/b113c0f0-30e5-4ea8-9d6b-317889dd38f1
  6. Email address

Email address: OK, I have been told that once you have set up your Microsoft account you cannot change your signin. I am trying to get away from AOL and that address is what I set my account up with. Is there anyway to change it or do I have to open up a brand new account. I am...
  7. Email address

Email address: How do you eliminate unwanted names that appear when you begin entering an email addressee name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/f00d841f-acd3-4d7d-a208-aea9873673b6
  8. Email address

Email address: How do I allocate my email address to the Photo viewer. So can attach a photo to an email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/37d05dd8-beea-4138-8756-c645ddd07ba1
  9. email address

email address: When I change an email address in "people" and then go to use it in "Mail" I get the old one. I check in "People" again and I get the new and all of the old email addresses. What's up Moved from: Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage...
  10. Email address

in Browsers and Email
    Email address: I tried to send an email using live.com, my Microsoft address, and their address was invalid yet when I put the exact address the recipient in Gmail it worked. Any explanations please. Thank you Peter 47419