Windows 10: Update erased everything

Discus and support Update erased everything in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My HP laptop did a massive update last night. When I tried to log in this morning it would not let me. I kept getting a weird message. When I finally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Marilee33, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Marilee33 Win User

Update erased everything

My HP laptop did a massive update last night. When I tried to log in this morning it would not let me. I kept getting a weird message. When I finally got in all my files and favorites were gone, and all my settings changed. It was as if everything had reverted back to a new computer that I just took out of the box. After searching for awhile I found my files had been moved to a different folder but I still can't find my favorites, What happened? Can I get my favorites back?

:)

Marilee33, Feb 10, 2021
  2. p_o_s_pc Win User

Finally! An alternative to eraser...

it looks much cleaner then the eraser so that is a big step up.

p_o_s_pc, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Snipe343 Win User
    Updating Bios on a M2N-E SLI

It wont update it stops during the "erasing block" step any help?

Snipe343, Feb 10, 2021
  4. JimWynne Win User

Update erased everything

October Update Snip & Sketch Eraser Tool

You're wasting your time complaining about it (or offering suggestions) here. Use the Feedback Hub, which you can find in the list of apps on the Start menu.

JimWynne, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Update erased everything

1. Update erased everything - Similar Threads - Update erased everything

2. Windows update erased everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update erased everything: Windows just updated and has wiped everything from my computer! All of my uni work is gone and so are all of my pictures. I have restarted it atleast 5 times and don't know what else to do. Please help!...
  3. Windows update erased everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update erased everything: Windows just updated and has wiped everything from my computer! All of my uni work is gone and so are all of my pictures. I have restarted it atleast 5 times and don't know what else to do. Please help!...
  4. Windows update erased everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Updated and Erased Everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updated and Erased Everything: Windows 10 updated last week unexpectedly and all of my work and apps disappeared. It took an IT expert to find most of it but some things are still not working right. For one thing, the Microsoft Store says it's there but when I click on it, nothing happens. I went to the...
  6. Windows Updated and Erased Everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updated and Erased Everything: Windows 10 updated last week unexpectedly and all of my work and apps disappeared. It took an IT expert to find most of it but some things are still not working right. For one thing, the Microsoft Store says it's there but when I click on it, nothing happens. I went to the...
  7. Windows Updated and Erased Everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows update erased everything!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update erased everything!!!: Hello Microsoft Community,I'm writing to you regarding an issue Microsoft's regular updates have brought up on my PC. Last night when I was turning off my PC, windows automatically started to update some stuff. The next morning I turned my PC on again, I realized something...
  9. Everything has been erased

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Everything has been erased: Ok so over the last two days there has been some sort of update that has erased everything on my computer and restarted it with a new windows. I did find everything yesterday and was able to put it everything back on my computer. I turn it back on today and everything is...
  10. WHY DID THE LAST WINDOWS UPDATE ERASED EVERYTHING?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WHY DID THE LAST WINDOWS UPDATE ERASED EVERYTHING?: Last night it started updating and today when I opened it, everything I had disappeared, my profiles, my folders and everything I had personalized, in addition to many apps like the simple calculator they left to function, the actualization has this number KB4497165...