Windows 10: Update erased system files, personal data.

Discus and support Update erased system files, personal data. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Our windows 10 pc updated this morning and erased all of our personal data and some critical system files. When it starts up now we get the usual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ch111od, Nov 25, 2018.

1. ch111od Win User

Update erased system files, personal data.

Our windows 10 pc updated this morning and erased all of our personal data and some critical system files. When it starts up now we get the usual start up screen then it goes to the please wait loading screen for about 30 min or so before going to a blank desktop. The start menu does not work, the file explorer will not open, the only thing that will start is the task manager, which shows nothing. My kids had a lot of stuff on this pc, any suggestions on an actual fix for this. As a consumer of microsoft products which for the most part ive had very little problem with I dont want to hear how this is my problem Microsoft update destroyed our pc the responsibility is soley in the hands of Microsoft.

:)

ch111od, Nov 25, 2018

2. Microsoft Surface Data Eraser

Microsoft Surface Data Eraser

Source: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...ce-data-eraser

Cluster Head, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Kreij Win User
    best way to erase data securely from a hdd

Data LifeGuard Diagnostics from WD lets you write all zeros to your drive.

Kreij, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Update erased system files, personal data.

Remote erasing of data on lost phone

I have misplaced my phone while travelling in China.

Attempts to call the phone were unsuccessful, suggesting that either the phone was switched off or that the SIM card was removed/.

I called my phone service provider to deactivate the number.

i tried to login to my windows account to erase the data on my phone but got a message that it was unsucessful.

My questions are,

1) will I still be able to the erase the data remotely if the person who picked up my phone had replaced the SIM card

2) will I still be able to the erase the data remotely if my number was deactivated by my service provider

3) what else, if anything, could I do to wipe any data ( e.g. Contact list, messages, whatsap messages etc.) from the phone?

Unfortunately, a passcode is not required to unlock my phone,

i'm not sure I have wifi access to check the replies for the next few days, but any advices on this matter is much appreciated.

Plotholes80, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Update erased system files, personal data.

1. Update erased system files, personal data. - Similar Threads - Update erased system

2. Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data: I reset my Surface running Windows 11 to factory default state, but I'm seeing contents ie. personal folders, and files that I thought should not be there after resetting. I'm trying to understand why this is happening and how I can truly reset to a factory default state. Any...
  3. Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data: I reset my Surface running Windows 11 to factory default state, but I'm seeing contents ie. personal folders, and files that I thought should not be there after resetting. I'm trying to understand why this is happening and how I can truly reset to a factory default state. Any...
  4. When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?: When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-selecting-the-keep-my-files-option-will-my/1fd278a7-ac68-4825-96a1-1773bc3ef4f6
  5. When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?

When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?: When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-selecting-the-keep-my-files-option-will-my/1fd278a7-ac68-4825-96a1-1773bc3ef4f6
  6. When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Erasing all the data.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Erasing all the data.: What rubbish is this ? How can Microsoft do this without prior info or notice ? Do you even know how much crucial data can be on someone's laptop ? I'm having windows 10 and last night it got updated after that when I opened it in the morning all the data was erased. I mean...
  8. Will this erase personal Data? How to stop it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will this erase personal Data? How to stop it?: My computer has been giving me troubles ever since I first got it. Complete garbage and always causing problems. Today its given me a message that has really freaked me out because I do have personal data on it and I'm worried it will be deleted. "Fatal Error C0000022...
  9. personal data files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    personal data files: How do I remove permanently personal data files and passwords? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-data-files/b7112e2d-94f9-4114-8509-011233545df8"
  10. Recover Erased Data

Recover Erased Data: Recover Erased Data [ATTACH] Allows users to rescue deleted files from FAT16, FAT32, EXTFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, HFS+ and HFX Can be easily used over USB flash drive, memory card, external hard drive, etc. Easily rescue deleted files from Mac and Windows operating system with...