Windows 10: Update error - A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to...

Discus and support Update error - A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This has been going on for several days, and my computer is running very slowly. How do I correct the problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JenniferClyncke, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Update error - A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to...

This has been going on for several days, and my computer is running very slowly.

How do I correct the problem?

:)

JenniferClyncke, Aug 31, 2020

2. Windows 10 update error - A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install.

Hello, I am currently running build 1709 on a desktop and I am trying to upgrade to 1909 to be able to download the xbox app. However, I have been coming into this error for months.

A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install.

I've ran the troubleshooter and just about every other tip on the internet.

I did find a list of drivers in the "setupapi.dev" in the windows inf folder, I just don't know how to read it.

Thanks, Matt

MattRe575757, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Ozpeg Win User
    Windows 10 Update 1903 - A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install.

I am trying to update my laptop to Windows 10 1903 but keep seeing the error "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install."

How do I find out which driver is affecting the Windows10 update, so I can uninstall it

Ozpeg, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Update error - A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to...

Can't update to current ATi drivers

In my previous attemps to update drivers I went through the complete process you mentioned, but using driver sweeper...I don't really know if there is any difference between the two programs, but sweeper was recommended by the sticky post here on how to update drivres...so that is what I used when first trying to update.

Any how I just followed your pervious suggestion and down loaded and installed v8.10 over the old drivers. I also tried to updated directly from the device manager...but it kept telling me I have the most recent version, which in device mgr now says v8.54.....But after using CCC to search for the most current drivers which were the 8.10 that I installed, CCC is listing in the Info Ctr under graphic software, Driver package version 8.541 (which are digital signer by MS) and Catalyst Version 08.10.

So I'm guessing that even though the device mgr lists current drivers at 8.541, my drivers are infact updated to 8.10 in the CCC ?

Man this is making me dizzy.... *Twitch :twitch:

dieselcat18, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Update error - A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to...

1. Update error - A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to... - Similar Threads - Update error current

2. A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...: I've had this message say this for a while tried a bunch of different things to try to get around it nothing has worked any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-current-driver-on-your-pc-may-be-better-than-the/558047bf-d4f1-425b-a68d-427204b7ce65
  3. A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...: I've had this message say this for a while tried a bunch of different things to try to get around it nothing has worked any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-current-driver-on-your-pc-may-be-better-than-the/558047bf-d4f1-425b-a68d-427204b7ce65
  4. A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...: Hello,I am currently trying to update my computer from 2019-04 Cumulative Update 1709. I have tried the software distribution trick but I've had no luck. If anyone can help that would be amazing...
  5. A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...: Hello,I am currently trying to update my computer from 2019-04 Cumulative Update 1709. I have tried the software distribution trick but I've had no luck. If anyone can help that would be amazing...
  6. A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...: A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-current-driver-on-your-pc-may-be-better-than-the/99d6ba0d-5a43-4a4e-8fcb-b20d2acab413
  8. "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

"A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...: "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install." I see this has been an ongoing issue over the last three years. That I'm as the next customer in line for endless hours of "repeated' research. Do you plan...
  9. "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...: Hi, I've been trying to update my driver but it won't allow me to due to the message above. Is there generally a certain issue that correlates with this message, or could it be numerous problems? I've disabled the previous driver under optional updates and that did nothing....
  10. A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...: Hey guys. I have a problem, when i want to update my windows i get this error. [ATTACH] Everything goes well but when it wants to install i get this error. It would be great if someone could help me. Thanks for reading....