Windows 10: Update error file properties .MOV files

Discus and support Update error file properties .MOV files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, Updating file properties (rating, dates) for .MOV files provides the error below. I update normally through Windows Photo Gallery but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Henryvan der Schoot, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Update error file properties .MOV files

Dear Microsoft,

Updating file properties (rating, dates) for .MOV files provides the error below. I update normally through Windows Photo Gallery but notices the files are not updated accordingly. When trying through the File Explorer the related error becomes visible. This used to work fine previously and I suspect this error is introduced with any of the recent Windows Updates. Can you help clarify the root cause of this problem and how to solve?

Update error file properties .MOV files df6118df-75e8-4406-b48d-31cc55df6a9d?upload=true.jpg

:)

Henryvan der Schoot, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Jetster Win User

Editing .mov files

Ive never worked with .mov files. What a free program and best program to work with .mov files on a PC?

Thanks

Jetster, Aug 11, 2019
  3. slim142 Win User
    .MOV files play choppy

Trying to open .mov files on a computer, video will start fine for 3 seconds then freeze. Play for one second, then freeze again for 5 seconds. Happens with multiple .mov files.

Tried using WMP and VLC. Task manager is not showing signs of PC being taxed.

Ideas?

slim142, Aug 11, 2019
  4. chipwood Win User

Update error file properties .MOV files

.MOV file will not play

In Properties the doubled mov doesn't seem to be in the file name, but in the file type (pic att'd).

chipwood, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Update error file properties .MOV files

1. Update error file properties .MOV files - Similar Threads - Update error file

2. MOV-files with wrong date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOV-files with wrong date: When I download files from iCloud on my windows computer to store in my file system in Windows, the MOW files always get wrong date and time. They get the time and date from the time I move them from iCloud. What is wrong?...
  3. Mov files converted to pfl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mov files converted to pfl: Somehow my mov files converted to pfl and now, I don't know how to get them back to mov. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mov-files-converted-to-pfl/89d8bab9-a69e-4d5a-af6e-159536a8520c
  4. Mov files converted to pfl

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mov files converted to pfl: Somehow my mov files converted to pfl and now, I don't know how to get them back to mov. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mov-files-converted-to-pfl/89d8bab9-a69e-4d5a-af6e-159536a8520c
  5. Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files: I have recently been moving files from my laptop to my PC. All my video files are in the MOV format because they were created from my phone. All the videos play from the Movies and TV app on my laptop. After I transfer the files from my laptop to my PC via flash drive, I...
  6. .MOV files on Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .MOV files on Photos App: Hi, I have been having problems playing MOV files on the photos app. I downloaded some codecs from the microsoft store at a cost of 79 pence. This has partially fixed the problem as Photos app will now play the files. However, when I try to incorporate these MOV files...
  7. Error when Updating Video File Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error when Updating Video File Properties: For several months now I have been unable to update the properties on '.mp4' and '.mov' video files (I have not tried on other video formats). I suspect, but cannot be certain, that the issue dates back to the installation of Build 1903 (successfully installed 11/07/19) but...
  8. .MOV files -

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .MOV files -: what sw do i need to download to view these video files to see and hear them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mov-files/c7b6183e-4aff-4ab5-b8b1-d489560e2485
  9. mov files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mov files: As usual Microsoft in its grand plan it has not provided to play an MOV file!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mov-files/35c167f9-1dea-4bbd-91f4-d0249b03c135
  10. .MOV file will not play

in Windows 10 Support
    .MOV file will not play: My daughter sent a message to my wife’s IPad, that contained a .mov file of the junior school concert items a grandson took part in, from her IPhone. I wanted to listen with better volume and sound, so we the file to an email to me: File name IMG_nnnn.MOV. I detached the...