Windows 10: Update error. Need help.

Discus and support Update error. Need help. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got this update on my windows laptop : 2020-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4586781) I downloaded it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/luckyhairybeast, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Update error. Need help.

I got this update on my windows laptop : 2020-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4586781)

I downloaded it and installed it but at some point it gave error: Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)

I again tried a few times to install the update but every time it reached 100% and again gave the same error as mentioned above.

So I went online to find how to fix the windows update problem and i found this here and did this.

1. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, right click the Windows button, and then select Command Prompt (Admin). If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow or Yes.
    2. Type the following command, and then press Enter.DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. (The command ran successfully to 100%)Note It might take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.
    3. Type the following command and press Enter.sfc /scannow (This gave message that it found issues with some files and fixed it.)Note It might take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.
    4. Close the command prompt, and then run Windows Update again.

But I still got the same error again.

So then I found this here.

• Open administrative Command Prompt and type following commands one-by-one followed by Enter key.

net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old net start wuauserv net start cryptSvc net start bits net start msiserver

• Close Command Prompt and see if Windows Updates works then

I am still getting the same error. So please If anyone can tell me how to resolve it or is there some problem with my windows. Is it a necessary update or something that is not to worry about. If this update is not completed will I be able to get updates in future.

submitted by /u/luckyhairybeast
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/luckyhairybeast, Dec 1, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 1, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Update error. Need help. :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Wombo Win User

Update error. Need help.

Windows Won't Update? (Error 0x80d0602)

When I get to the step that says del %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat, nothing happens.

When I get to step 5 and type in
    • regsvr32.exe mshtml.dllN
    It gives me this:

Update error. Need help. [​IMG]

Wombo, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Update error. Need help.

1. Update error. Need help. - Similar Threads - Update error Need

2. Need help with Windows Update error 0x800700c1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with Windows Update error 0x800700c1: I can’t install the 22H2 update on my windows 10. I already tried trouble shooting but with no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-windows-update-error-0x800700c1/ef401fe1-2c58-4f85-ad59-90fc3d69b35d
  3. Need help with Windows Update error 0x800700c1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with Windows Update error 0x800700c1: I can’t install the 22H2 update on my windows 10. I already tried trouble shooting but with no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-windows-update-error-0x800700c1/ef401fe1-2c58-4f85-ad59-90fc3d69b35d
  4. Need help with Windows Update error 0x800700c1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need help updating Error 0xc1900204

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help updating Error 0xc1900204: So I recently just bought call of duty mw2 but I cant play it since my pc is outdated version 1803, its a problem thats been going on for almost a year but I haven't tried fixing it till now since there wasn't a time where I had to update my pc before playing something. Every...
  6. Need help updating Error 0xc1900204

Need help updating Error 0xc1900204: So I recently just bought call of duty mw2 but I cant play it since my pc is outdated version 1803, its a problem thats been going on for almost a year but I haven't tried fixing it till now since there wasn't a time where I had to update my pc before playing something. Every...
  7. Need help updating Error 0xc1900204

8. Error! Need Help!!!

Error! Need Help!!!: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date: 08-02-2022 21:33:11 Event ID: 1 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: WHEA Error Event Logs User: LOCAL SERVICE Computer: OMAR Description: A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition...
  9. need help with windows update error

need help with windows update error: i keep getting this when i try to update [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-windows-update-error/60763d95-8190-4d03-b6c3-6869026c71f1
  10. WINDOWS UPDATING ERROR!!! NEED HELP PLEASE

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WINDOWS UPDATING ERROR!!! NEED HELP PLEASE: [ATTACH] Need Help! It makes me update and shutdown everytime but it always undos the updates or says windows couldnt complete the update undoing changes! Ive been dealing with this issue for months! I really need help for 2020, youtube aint the move!!!...