Windows 10: Update Error "We couldnt complete the updates, Undoing changes"

Discus and support Update Error "We couldnt complete the updates, Undoing changes" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have this update for windows Version 20H2 downloaded but when i try to apply it by restarting , it does goes to 70% and then shows "We couldnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/justshubh, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Update Error "We couldnt complete the updates, Undoing changes"

I have this update for windows Version 20H2 downloaded but when i try to apply it by restarting , it does goes to 70% and then shows "We couldnt complete the updates, Undoing changes" error.

I tried it multiple times but in vain. Tried some fixes online but didnt help.

Any solutions as it keepss popping up to restart and apply it.

submitted by /u/justshubh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/justshubh, Aug 7, 2020

2. Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

Hi,

If you receive We couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing changes, Don’t turn off your computer message, and your Windows 10/8/7 PC is stuck in a loop, then this post may help you.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/we-couldnt-comple...

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Yank M

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Aug 7, 2020
  3. marius-O Win User
    Windows 10: "We couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes"

I've got the same issue and following on @Arthur's suggestion, I had a look at my user SIDs in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList and some of them belonged to users that no longer existed in the system (I had previously removed them).

I've removed the dummy entries (luckily there were only a couple) and the update worked.

PLEASE save yourself some trouble and backup the registry before trying that.

marius-O, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Ecastor Win User

Update Error "We couldnt complete the updates, Undoing changes"

Windows 10: “We couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes”

I get the message "We couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes” since the last update (KB3156421).

During the first update my PC turn off because it's out of battery, then i got this issue.

I already try to reset the Update service and everything in those step:

can't update windows 10. " We couldn't complete the updates, undoing the changes"

but still not luck.

What can i do now to solve this without having to reset my machine?

Ecastor, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Update Error "We couldnt complete the updates, Undoing changes"

1. Update Error "We couldnt complete the updates, Undoing changes" - Similar Threads - Update Error couldnt

2. We couldnt complete updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldnt complete updates: Hallo microsoft, I need your support. I still cant update windows on my laptop, since new year. It says we couldnt complete updates. I ve tried a lot of things, like running in safe mode, deleting update distribution folder, expand recovery partition, run troubleshooter, run...
  3. We couldnt complete updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldnt complete updates: Hallo microsoft, I need your support. I still cant update windows on my laptop, since new year. It says we couldnt complete updates. I ve tried a lot of things, like running in safe mode, deleting update distribution folder, expand recovery partition, run troubleshooter, run...
  4. We couldnt complete updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. We could'nt complete the updates, undoing changes

We could'nt complete the updates, undoing changes: Hello, so i've got this problem everytime i update the "Cumulutive update KB5010342" cant really remember, everytime the update is done and ask me to restart i do restart it, but after the "Working on updates 100%" the "We couldnt complete" error comes and after that "We...
  6. "We couldnt complete Updates Undoing changed" Error 0x800f0922 Windows version KB5008212

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We couldnt complete Updates Undoing changed" Error 0x800f0922 Windows version KB5008212: Not sure why this is happening but I've tried a lot of solutions to fix this.One day Perhaps after an update I went to shut off my pc but strangely I could not shut it off. I would say shutting down, go black and then the desktop would boot up again. I disabled fast startup...
  7. "We couldnt complete Updates Undoing changed" Error 0x800f0922 Windows version KB5008212

"We couldnt complete Updates Undoing changed" Error 0x800f0922 Windows version KB5008212: Not sure why this is happening but I've tried a lot of solutions to fix this.One day Perhaps after an update I went to shut off my pc but strangely I could not shut it off. I would say shutting down, go black and then the desktop would boot up again. I disabled fast startup...
  8. "We couldnt complete Updates Undoing changed" Error 0x800f0922 Windows version KB5008212

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes

We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes: Hello, For the past week or so i have been attempting to update my Windows 10 PC. I have enough drive space for the updateWhenever the update restarts it simply just says reverting changes,I have tried Deleting software distribution but hasn't worked.I also tried upgrading to...
  10. Windows update "we couldnt complete the update undoing changes"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update "we couldnt complete the update undoing changes": It also gave me a bsod during one of the restarts. I cant update my windows. Can someone help? Edit: okay im into windows and everything seems to be fine. I downloaded the windows update troubleshooter as recommended by someone on a different post and hid the failing...