Windows 10: Update Errors since Windows 10 version 2004

Discus and support Update Errors since Windows 10 version 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On June 13, 2020, my desktop computer updated to Windows 10 version 2004. Other than the widely reported ESSENT warnings flooding the event log, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Virtually Marj, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Update Errors since Windows 10 version 2004

On June 13, 2020, my desktop computer updated to Windows 10 version 2004. Other than the widely reported ESSENT warnings flooding the event log, I have two persistent update failures. Here's the first one:

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200B: 2020-05 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64 KB4552925.

This update requires having .NET Framework installed. I do not have it installed. That seems to indicate that I do not need this update so how can I tell Windows Update to stop trying to install it?

Here's the second one:

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200B: 2020-06 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems KB4561600.

It was my understanding that Adobe Flash Player was associated with browsers and not the operating system. I currently have Adobe Flash Player configured to notify me when updates are available and I download from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions because it allows me to download packages for both Chrome and Mozilla.

Do I need Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 and, if not, how can I tell Windows Update to stop trying to install it?

Neither of these update errors plagued me on Windows 10 version 1909. It seems they were included in the wholesale replacement of Windows with version 2004.

Here are the things that I've done to try to locate the cause.

1 The Windows Update Troubleshooter didn't recommend any troubleshooters but I manually it manually with no problems reported.

2 I have run SFC /Scannnow with no errors reported.

3 I also ranDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth and no corruption was found.

:)

Virtually Marj, Jun 15, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

How to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

I presume the total absence of any tiles is your personal choice, as is removing the Search, Cortana and TaskView icons from the task bar. Seems you are a minimalist. Not my style, but I'll respect your choice.

You link definitely shows the Start, there's no doubt because on the left it includes the power button, a user icon, etc. but it doesn't show the All apps list as your 1909 screenshot does. This lack of an All apps list in your 2004 could be explained by turning off 'Show apps list in Start menu' in Personalization > Start. But that is not the case in your link, if it were there would be three icons at the top left of Start (the 3rd will show the All apps list). But yours has just the one icon, meaning that the All apps list should be displayed already. Here I show how that looks in 2004, first without the All apps list, them with.

Update Errors since Windows 10 version 2004 [​IMG]

What appear to be happening is that Search that is appearing on the Start menu on top of the All apps list. Now there is no setting provided by MS to make Search appear on Start, but there is in third-part apps such as Classic Shell or Open Shell. Do you have one of those installed?

Whatever the problem is, it is definitely this Search box (minimalist again, everything turned off except Top apps) you are seeing as a part of Start. How it got put there seems unique to your system, but it's not any setting MS offers (or would have changed in the 2004 upgrade) that has done this.

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Al Burc Win User

Update Errors since Windows 10 version 2004

Unable to update Window 10 Pro version 1607 to version 1709

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1607 to the latest version 1709 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer
    • Ran the DISM.exe
    Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101 - 0x30018
    • 0x900704c7
    Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you

Al Burc, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Update Errors since Windows 10 version 2004

1. Update Errors since Windows 10 version 2004 - Similar Threads - Update Errors since

2. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not updated since 2004: Hi, My Windows has not been updated since version 2004, which will soon lose support. Every time I try to update the first parts work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. Is there...
  3. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not updated since 2004: Hi, My Windows has not been updated since version 2004, which will soon lose support. Every time I try to update the first parts work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. Is there...
  4. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows not updated since 2004

Windows not updated since 2004: My Windows has not been updated since version 2004 Every time I try to update, the first phases work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. I did the SFC and DISM commands. All my...
  6. SWTOR launcher crashes since Windows update to 2004 version

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SWTOR launcher crashes since Windows update to 2004 version: Hello everyone. Since Windows feature update 2004 on early August, i have an issue with SWTOR game Star Wars: the old republic, mmo game. Before continuing. I's like to add that i have already contacted game support and tried various fixes mentioned next. Reinstalling the...
  7. Windows 10, version 2004 error update...

Windows 10, version 2004 error update...: Hola! Queria que me ayuden ya que lo intente en distintos días actualizar y me sigue dando el siguiente error en captura: https://prnt.sc/tuqx96 Pasos a seguir segun su experiencia con este posible error que hayan solucionado o sepan como solucionarlo... Muchas...
  8. Windows Version 2004 Update Error

Windows Version 2004 Update Error: I've been trying to update my computer over the last 2 weeks multiple times, however every time the update has failed. The first error I encountered was error 0xc1900101, however since I've encountered that error I've been using the Windows 10 Update Assistant and I'm not...
  9. EVENT 642 ERROR SINCE UPGRADING Windows 10 version 2004 Feature Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EVENT 642 ERROR SINCE UPGRADING Windows 10 version 2004 Feature Update: Log Name: Application Source: ESENT Date: 22-06-2020 22:48:18 Event ID: 642 Task Category: General Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-8KJ8GNJ Description: Video.UI 3708,D,2...
  10. Windows 10 just crashing continuously since version 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 just crashing continuously since version 2004 update: So I updated to 2004, and after it's done all it does is this. I can't even get into the setup menu to revert back to the previous windows version. How can this be fixed? Thanks for your time. submitted by /u/anhydrous_echinoderm [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 2004 update kb4552925 failed