Windows 10: Update.exe -This application could not be started

Discus and support Update.exe -This application could not be started in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Two days ago when I started up my Desktop PC I tried to launch Discord an application for talking to people online, however, I received this message.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NickSarbinowski, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Update.exe -This application could not be started

Two days ago when I started up my Desktop PC I tried to launch Discord an application for talking to people online, however, I received this message.

Update.exe -This application could not be started c062957d-446f-4a34-b23c-441e0f38650b?upload=true.png

After reading the error message over I clicked yes and downloaded the .NET Framework file. However, once I tried the startup I got this error message.

Update.exe -This application could not be started 6804adbe-fe98-4952-ae5d-37bfe9bec7b7?upload=true.png

At this point, I'm super confused and I have no clue what's wrong. If I have the file installed already why am I receiving these error messages preventing me from using different applications? It would be a tremendous help if someone shed some insight on what's doing on and how to fix it.

:)

NickSarbinowski, Dec 7, 2018

2. Explorer.exe, Werfault.exe, RuntimeBroker.exe (application errors). start wont come up and application errors wont go

Hi James,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to perform all the steps provided in the previous post?
    • Have you created another user account as suggested in the step 2?

Please try to perform the step 1 and step 2 provided in the previous post. Let us know of the results after performing it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Start Menu and running application, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 7, 2018
  3. prarial Win User
    Impossible to starts some exe files!

hello everyone,

I need help as I have tried all of what i have found in this and other forums, whitout any success.
    Since a week icant start some exe files and i dont know why only some!
    i have appleied what was described in Restore Default File Type Associations in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials ,
    but no better results.
    I have scanned my laptop for virus or malwares, and its clean.
    for example i want start Acronis, then win10 say cant find the file even so i try to start it directly from the exe file!
    same if i want to start ACDSee and some others applications.

For others files its perfectly ok, like AVG PCtune; Malwarebytes, Microsoft Office and so many others.

I have also tried to install again the sotware which doesnt start but it is the same.

Some people suggested that possibly a dll have been modified, but how to find out?
    I hope someone will be able to help me as my next step would be to fully reinstall windows and all applications.

Thanks a lot for your help

Regards

prarial, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Update.exe -This application could not be started

BtAssist1.exe Application Error- the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about connect the Bluetooth device on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• When exactly you get the above error message?
    • What exactly happens when you try to connect the Bluetooth device?
    • Were you able to detect the Bluetooth device in Device Manager?

This issue might have occurred if:

• There is a previous installation of the same application on the machine and you try to install a newer version.
    • There are registry corruptions related to the application during upgrade.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan, System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Refer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Step 2: I suggest you to run Microsoft Safety Scanner
    which help to remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner

Note: Data or files which are infected by malware might be beyond cleaning and have to be deleted entirely to maintain the integrity of your system, which means there might be a potential for data loss.

Step 3: If your Bluetooth device cannot be enabled or is missing from Settings, it is possible that your drivers are misconfigured.

I suggest you to refer to the below post replied by
    Rajith R
    on August 29, 2015 and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

My Bluetooth cannot be enabled or
    is missing

Hope it helps. Try the and get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Update.exe -This application could not be started

1. Update.exe -This application could not be started - Similar Threads - Update exe application

2. Proclnfo .exe this application can not be started

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Proclnfo .exe this application can not be started: it keeps popping up on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proclnfo-exe-this-application-can-not-be-started/0db1ab36-54f7-490b-86ae-7e3622ff606a
  3. UwpLauncher.exe. - This application could not be started.

UwpLauncher.exe. - This application could not be started.: it states that application requires following version of .NET Framework v4.0.30319I have tried installing the version while installing it shows that new version already installed and when I checked the Windows Feature both .NET Framework v4.8 and v3.5 are on. The error keep...
  4. UwpLauncher.exe. - This application could not be started.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UwpLauncher.exe. - This application could not be started.: it states that application requires following version of .NET Framework v4.0.30319I have tried installing the version while installing it shows that new version already installed and when I checked the Windows Feature both .NET Framework v4.8 and v3.5 are on. The error keep...
  5. UwpLauncher.exe. - This application could not be started.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. This application could not be started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This application could not be started: HelloI am trying to install a software called flip clock in my windows 11 but when i am installing it shows me error "This application could not be started. Do you want to view information about this issue?" i clicked yes and follow all steps but still i am facing the same...
  7. This application could not be started

This application could not be started: HelloI am trying to install a software called flip clock in my windows 11 but when i am installing it shows me error "This application could not be started. Do you want to view information about this issue?" i clicked yes and follow all steps but still i am facing the same...
  8. This application could not be started problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This application could not be started problem.: Hello, I have been getting Smother.exe This application could not be started message since I got the new Update on my Laptop for .net framework 3.5 and 4.8. I Have tried clicking yes and then it takes me to the following site and I followed the instructions, however it did...
  9. This application could not be started problem.

This application could not be started problem.: Hello, I have been getting Smother.exe This application could not be started message since I got the new Update on my Laptop for .net framework 3.5 and 4.8. I Have tried clicking yes and then it takes me to the following site and I followed the instructions, however it did...
  10. Error: This application could not be started

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error: This application could not be started: This always comes up, but I don't really know why or what a .net Framework is. My computer seems to work ok but I don't know how to make it go away.[ATTACH] ***Modified title from: I don't know what this means... Do I need to do something?***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this application could not be started

2. update.exe this application could not be started

3. windows this application could not be started

4. this applicatiomn coulkd not be started windows 10,
  5. update.exe - This application could not be started.,
  6. the application could not be started,
  7. this application could not be started windows10,
  8. windows updater.exe could not be started,
  9. .exe this application could not be started,
  10. update.exe the application could not be started,
  11. error running exe this application could not be started,