Windows 10: Update failed and laptop can't get past blue screen.

Discus and support Update failed and laptop can't get past blue screen. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My HP laptop was supposed to perform an update, but then at some point it stopped at said that it was unable to.My laptop kept restarting before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tianna Morris, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Update failed and laptop can't get past blue screen.

My HP laptop was supposed to perform an update, but then at some point it stopped at said that it was unable to.My laptop kept restarting before bringing me to the blue screen of death, and I've tried to uninstall the updates but it won't let me, as it says the update is pending and so i can uninstall it. I REALLY need help, I need to use my laptop for work and I have files on it that I cannot get deleted.

:)

Tianna Morris, Feb 14, 2020

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Feb 14, 2020
  4. brad59 Win User

Update failed and laptop can't get past blue screen.

blue screen

Hi all, Please bear with me as I'm not very computer literate lol!
    My daughters laptop (old dell c400) just went to a blue screen when starting up! Anyway,was told to re-load windows disc. However there's no cd drive or floppy drive!
    Found an old external floppy drive but don't have windows on floppy!
    Also ran diognostics and it passed everything until it came to DST SHORT STATUS TEST,then came up failed! Any suggestions or is it a brick?*Bang Head :banghead:

brad59, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Update failed and laptop can't get past blue screen.

1. Update failed and laptop can't get past blue screen. - Similar Threads - Update failed laptop

2. Can't get past Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't get past Login: When i try to login my login window will not accept any typing in the box. Can someone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-past-login/c14fc8d4-a390-44ae-89a2-76a3978acbd3
  3. Blue screens for the past 2 weeks.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screens for the past 2 weeks.: Hello there, ive been getting blue screens when playing games or even using a browser for the past 2 weeks and I really tried everything i know to fix it. The first time it happened i was in a middle of a game and then a blue screen with the stop code :...
  4. Can't get past LENOVO spalsh screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get past LENOVO spalsh screen: Hi all, I'm at my wits' end on my laptop. I have a feeling my kids' were playing ROBLOX and may have accidentally downloaded a virus. It's pretty fatal. I basically only get an error with a QR code. The error is, "0x000021a, your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart....
  5. Can't Get Past Welcome/Login Screen on Windows 10

Can't Get Past Welcome/Login Screen on Windows 10: Hi, I've got Windows 10 installed on my laptop and everything was fine until this morning when I opened it. I closed it last night so it might have gone into sleep mode, but I definitely did not turn it off. This morning I opened it up and tried to log in. I enter my pin...
  6. PW Forgotten. Can't Get Past Welcome Sign-In Screen!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PW Forgotten. Can't Get Past Welcome Sign-In Screen!: Hi! Where can I go in Microsoft to find out what my password is to open my other Windows 10 desktop computer? Previously, it would sign in without a password. Now it asks for one and I cannot recall it. I've tried every pw I've ever used. I have important files and data are...
  7. getting lots of blue screens on newish laptop

getting lots of blue screens on newish laptop: can someone help me figure out what's wrong before I return it I am getting at least two blue screens per day...some times back to back, other times they are spaced out... I have some .dmp files, but I don't know how to read them. -thanks, MH...
  8. Can't get past the 'Blue screen of death' after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get past the 'Blue screen of death' after update.: I'll get straight into it: after a recent windows update with spotty wifi, I haven't been able to get into my acer laptop. Whenever I load it up it gives me the "windows ran into a problem and needs to restart, we are just collecting error information :( ", then restarts to...
  9. Can't get past ASUS loading screen

Can't get past ASUS loading screen: I had turned on my laptop and gotten passed the loading screen, but the laptop ended up freezing so I shut it off. Now, I can't get passed the loading screen. I got into the BIOS menu, and had no clue what to do with it. I've tried accessing the Advanced settings menu but it...
  10. Can't get past Change User Account Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't get past Change User Account Screen: I power up and the log in screen shows, "Change user Name", under that the User Name box and Password box. Then shows the name I have my laptop, "DANNYLAP". Under this is How to log in using a different account... (not sure if my wording is correct. If you click on it I get...