Windows 10: Update failed and now I’m stuck on what to do

Discus and support Update failed and now I’m stuck on what to do in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my laptop updated and it said it couldn’t complete it so it was undoing changes. I waited an hour before going to the blue screen where you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Commercial_Bad_986, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Update failed and now I’m stuck on what to do

So my laptop updated and it said it couldn’t complete it so it was undoing changes. I waited an hour before going to the blue screen where you can troubleshoot and whatnot. I tried a system restore but it said I don’t have a point to restore to. My laptop has everything on it and I don’t want to loose anything. I’m not too good with tech. Please help.

submitted by /u/Commercial_Bad_986
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Commercial_Bad_986, Jan 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jan 20, 2021
  3. aronchick Win User
    Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Jan 20, 2021
  4. chideock Win User

Update failed and now I’m stuck on what to do

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Update failed and now I’m stuck on what to do

1. Update failed and now I’m stuck on what to do - Similar Threads - Update failed I’m

2. I’m stuck in bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m stuck in bios update: Kannankichu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-stuck-in-bios-update/a7d131b2-463d-47e8-8ffe-87f1477aec5f
  3. I’m stuck in bios update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’m stuck in bios update: Kannankichu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-stuck-in-bios-update/a7d131b2-463d-47e8-8ffe-87f1477aec5f
  4. I’m stuck on Aptio Setup - AMI. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m stuck on Aptio Setup - AMI. What do I do?: I’m stuck on Aptio Setup - AMI. The version is 2.21.1278 Copyright C 2021 AMI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-stuck-on-aptio-setup-ami-what-do-i-do/044311ea-f748-41c0-ba84-8d7f98d40250
  5. I’m stuck on Aptio Setup - AMI. What do I do?

I’m stuck on Aptio Setup - AMI. What do I do?: I’m stuck on Aptio Setup - AMI. The version is 2.21.1278 Copyright C 2021 AMI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-stuck-on-aptio-setup-ami-what-do-i-do/044311ea-f748-41c0-ba84-8d7f98d40250
  6. I reinstalled windows on my pc now the login fails everytime I try now I’m stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reinstalled windows on my pc now the login fails everytime I try now I’m stuck: So I recently have been having problems with my gaming pc because I felt it was too slow, so I wanted to start fresh with a whole new desktop. I clicked the reset windows button and let it sit for a couple hours. After it was finished I attempted to sign in and now everytime...
  7. Windows Update fails /troubleshooter fails now what

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update fails /troubleshooter fails now what: My version of Windows 10 has failed to update every day since July. I get this error: One of the update services is not running properly, but you can try to run a troubleshooter to fix the problem. Go to Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then...
  8. Windows Update fails /troubleshooter fails now what

Windows Update fails /troubleshooter fails now what: My version of Windows 10 has failed to update every day since July. I get this error: One of the update services is not running properly, but you can try to run a troubleshooter to fix the problem. Go to Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then...
  9. Windows Update fails /troubleshooter fails now what

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows 10 failed update and now stucked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 failed update and now stucked: I installed yesterday the latest update. Since then my computer has issues. Windows explorer freezes. All the applications take hours to open. I tried to uninstall the latest update but no luck. I decided to start PC recovery with the option to keep my file and get the...