Windows 10: Update failed, BSOD problems, disks renamed -

Discus and support Update failed, BSOD problems, disks renamed - in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop failed to install the most recent February 2021 update of Windows. Now it keeps crashing with a BSOD with errors such as PAGE FAULT IN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EmilyM2002, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Update failed, BSOD problems, disks renamed -

My laptop failed to install the most recent February 2021 update of Windows. Now it keeps crashing with a BSOD with errors such as PAGE FAULT IN NON-PAGED AREA, ATTEMPTED WIRTE TO READ ONLY MEMORY, SYSTEM SERVICE ERRORS, and others.

I have a 2 TB Hard drive which has been the D: drive and a 250 GB SSD which had been the C: drive. Now I am seeing the 2 TB drive labeled as the Data C: Drive, the SSD drive is the OS D: drive and has 16 GB fre, and there's a local disk F: drive with 903 MB.

I am going to try to copy anything important that is not already backed up to an external hard drive.

Any suggestions on how to proceed from here?

:)

EmilyM2002, Mar 4, 2021

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Update failed, BSOD problems, disks renamed - :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Mar 4, 2021
  4. alexsubri Win User

Update failed, BSOD problems, disks renamed -

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Update failed, BSOD problems, disks renamed - [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Update failed, BSOD problems, disks renamed -

1. Update failed, BSOD problems, disks renamed - - Similar Threads - Update failed BSOD

2. "Renaming device failed." Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Renaming device failed." Error: On Windows 10 build 19045.2604 Feature Exp. Pack 120.2212.4190.0 it is impossible to rename a Bluetooth device. Any device. No matter if it's paired, connected, etc. - I only ever get a pop-up saying "Renaming device failed." and nothing else.No amount of restarting the PC,...
  3. "Renaming device failed." Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Renaming device failed." Error: On Windows 10 build 19045.2604 Feature Exp. Pack 120.2212.4190.0 it is impossible to rename a Bluetooth device. Any device. No matter if it's paired, connected, etc. - I only ever get a pop-up saying "Renaming device failed." and nothing else.No amount of restarting the PC,...
  4. "Renaming device failed." Error

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Failed to rename this PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failed to rename this PC: When I tried to rename my computer,it said "One or more of the characters you typed won't work .Try something different.So I did .Failed again. What should I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-rename-this-pc/cca5f50b-2b50-46f7-bc2d-19aecdb2b7fd
  6. Rename PC problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rename PC problem: After installing Win10 Pro to my PC, I want to rename my PC. I go to Settings>system>about as per manual said. Unluckily, after click "about" button, my windows back to normal screen. No information on "About" section as normal, it likes closing system page. Other sections...
  7. Renaming a file in search fails

in Cortana
    Renaming a file in search fails: Renaming a file in search fails, but only in documents, it works elsewhere! If I go to documents, perform a search, then rename one of the files that are displayed, the file disappears from the list and is not renamed. But it renames ok if I search in another folder....
  8. Problem with renaming files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with renaming files: submitted by /u/nuee-ardente [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f1yk1m/problem_with_renaming_files/
  9. Windows update problem and disk problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update problem and disk problem: When i try to update windows my disk is at 100% and now updates are stuck at 51%. Why is my disk at 100% and why the update is stuck. [ATTACH] Please help....
  10. Windows update fails/ disk usage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update fails/ disk usage: [IMG]every time i try to update my computer it does this and i need to know if it is in any way going to affect my computer from working ok and how i can get these updates to install properly. Also the task manager where it shows disk usage is flashing red and says its at...