Windows 10: update failed computer won't boot no hard drive seen windows 10

Discus and support update failed computer won't boot no hard drive seen windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My dell laptop decided to update windows 10. It was stuck at 90% for 36 hours. I decided to turn it off and back on despite the warning not to. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jrclen, Jun 14, 2020.

1. jrclen Win User

update failed computer won't boot no hard drive seen windows 10

My dell laptop decided to update windows 10. It was stuck at 90% for 36 hours. I decided to turn it off and back on despite the warning not to. Now it's dead. My Macrium backup tells me there is no local hard drive. I can't figure out how to do a complete factory restore with the Dell recovery partition if it even exists at this point. Any ideas on what to do next?

:)

jrclen, Jun 14, 2020
  2. RCoon Win User

[Confusion] Hard drive won't boot. Caused by video card?

Did you install Windows with all your other hard drives plugged in? If you did, removing them when you boot Windows will fail, because Windows dumps boot flags on every drive when its first installed. That's why people always recommend disconnecting every single hard drive besides your C:\ drive when doing a fresh install.

As for your initial problem, the GPU being reinstalled and suddenly Windows won't boot - tried safe mode? (Spam F9 when your computer is loading)

RCoon, Jun 14, 2020
  3. System restore failed and now my computer won' t boot at all

Hi Bjørn,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Method 1:

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) except mouse and the keyboard and then boot up. If this corrects the issue then add the devices back one at a time until you discover the
    piece of hardware causing the issue. Then get any updated drivers\software for the device.

Method 2:

Perform a Startup repair from Advance boot option

• Boot your computer using a Windows 10 CD/ DVD or System Repair Disc.

• Select the correct time and keyboard type.

• Click on Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Select Troubleshoot from the Choose an option screen.

• Click on Advanced options in the Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Repair from the Advanced Options screen.

• Next, choose the operating system.

• Windows 10 will look for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Ronald San, Jun 14, 2020
  4. GKing Win User

Maxtor Hard Drive Beep

Maxtor drive beeps

Have a similiar situation using a DiamondMax Plus 8, 20GB Mfg Date 4/15/03. Drive used as a second system drive. Drive is recognized in boot menu but not in drive list. Drive is always connected. Computer started locking up for several seconds at a time. Chkdsk on drives and couldn't find that drive. Removed drive from bay to make sure connections were ok and heard the beeping. Shutdown and restart and never got to windows screen. Restarted several times then saw drive in boot menu and Windows loaded but Maxtor not in drive menu. When recognized in boot menu, computer will start but beeps and is not found.

Tried kicking it real hard but no improvement. Any suggestions?

GKing, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

1. update failed computer won't boot no hard drive seen windows 10 - Similar Threads - update failed computer

2. Install Windows in Computer with Failing Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Windows in Computer with Failing Hard Drive: My wife's hard drive is failing. I want to install windows on a new hard drive. But when I try to do that, I reach the "location to install" windows and there is no hard drive listed. I'm told I need drivers but the Windows install disk apparently doesn't have the driver I...
  3. Install Windows in Computer with Failing Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Windows in Computer with Failing Hard Drive: My wife's hard drive is failing. I want to install windows on a new hard drive. But when I try to do that, I reach the "location to install" windows and there is no hard drive listed. I'm told I need drivers but the Windows install disk apparently doesn't have the driver I...
  4. Install Windows in Computer with Failing Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hard drive nowhere to be seen on computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive nowhere to be seen on computer: A little background, I had a computer that had a WD external hard drive that i used for storage. I recently built a new PC, but and i would like to use this external hard drive on this new computer because it has the majority of my files. Anyways, I've plugged in my drive to...
  6. Windows 10 Updates - Computer Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Updates - Computer Won't Boot: I've had this problem before, but twice in the last week it has taken me the better part of a day to get my computer back on its feet using a recovery disk, command prompt, etc. When Windows 10 Update runs, it seems most of them fail, and when they do my computer won't boot...
  7. Windows 10 won't boot after a "failed" update.

Windows 10 won't boot after a "failed" update.: I have encountered several machines that simply stopped booting after an automatic update attempt. I spent 3 days trying to fix the first one and decided to do a clean install on the others. The problem seems to be related to hibernation during the update process - Linux...
  8. windows 10 hard drive failed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 hard drive failed: windows 10 hard drive failed on latest laptop, installed hard drive from previous laptop (windows 8.0) that insurance claim returned in 2015. Will i have to spend $99 to reinstall windows 10 and get a product key?...
  9. Boot hard drive failing and needing re-installed on the new boot hard drive

Boot hard drive failing and needing re-installed on the new boot hard drive: I have a boot hard drive failing. I wanted to re-install my Windows 10 and accounts software back on to a new disk. I want to know how I can back up what is on the failing disk so that I can re-install it on the new disk. The guidance in windows 10 is woeful and it has failed...
  10. Hard drive won't boot on one specific computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard drive won't boot on one specific computer: I have a Toshiba Satellite S55-A5294 laptop computer. It is running Windows 10. I had the drive encrypted using Jetico's BestCrypt full disk encryption. Several weeks ago, I was using Windows, put the computer to sleep, and when I came back an hour later and woke it up, I...