Windows 10: Update Failed - Restoring Loop at Startup

Discus and support Update Failed - Restoring Loop at Startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Was unsure about using BSOD or Update Errors, so I ask here in "General" Can't get to Windows to give you the version number You have my system details... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Peter Lander, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Update Failed - Restoring Loop at Startup

Was unsure about using BSOD or Update Errors, so I ask here in "General" Can't get to Windows to give you the version number You have my system details except for "motherboard" - maybe that is why it keeps asking? Anyway, my local vendor told me I needed a new hard disk. I did several tests and finally a 4-hour Long DST. I don't need a new hard disk. SFC /scannow fails because an update is pending I ran "dism.exe /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions" and got an 1812 error I restored the backup copy of the registry. No joy. dism.exe was the same for "online" and for "image:C:" I think I'd be OK if I could wipe out whatever is triggering the "pending" action I don't really want to go thru 6 years of finding, installing, configuring software ... so please, no factory reset advice Any ideas?

:)

Peter Lander, Aug 12, 2021
  2. djoatmeal Win User

Boot loop after update no safe mode option-repair fails- restore fails

Last night around 9pm I noticed the pc was doing another update. Endless boot loop again. I ran through the steps from yesterday with one new result and it will not boot.
    Update Failed - Restoring Loop at Startup [​IMG]

djoatmeal, Aug 12, 2021
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 12, 2021
  4. djoatmeal Win User

Update Failed - Restoring Loop at Startup

Boot loop after update no safe mode option-repair fails- restore fails

djoatmeal, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

Update Failed - Restoring Loop at Startup

1. Update Failed - Restoring Loop at Startup - Similar Threads - Update Failed Restoring

2. Failed to startup and keep looping on the windows logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to startup and keep looping on the windows logo: Hello, My Computer works fine last night and this morning it had a problem. I can turn it on, but when it reaches the windows logo screen, it suddenly goes to power saving mode and keep restarting itself. This is my first time encountering something like this. I cant even go...
  3. Failed to startup and keep looping on the windows logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to startup and keep looping on the windows logo: Hello, My Computer works fine last night and this morning it had a problem. I can turn it on, but when it reaches the windows logo screen, it suddenly goes to power saving mode and keep restarting itself. This is my first time encountering something like this. I cant even go...
  4. Failed to startup and keep looping on the windows logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Updates fail - repeatedly loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates fail - repeatedly loop: My Win 10 pro laptop is unable to update - "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes"What fixes are missing ?I am trying to install KB5004237 and am stuck in a reboot cycle...
  6. Failed update, stuck in startup loop..(can't run dism in cmd)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Failed update, stuck in startup loop..(can't run dism in cmd): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/munta15 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fikroc/failed_update_stuck_in_startup_loopcant_run_dism/
  7. BSOD on Windows startup, system restore fails

BSOD on Windows startup, system restore fails: Hello, I believe it's my first time posting here. So far I've been able to fix all kinds of computer issues on my own, but this time it seems that I've come to a dead end. My Windows 10 PC won't boot and I don't know what to do... The backstory: some info might be...
  8. Startup Loop

Startup Loop: I just installed a new hard drive into my PC. I've already out the Media Creation Tool onto a USB Drive and that's plugged in. When I try to boot my PC with the USB Drive, it just shows the loading screen infinitely. Does anyone know how to fix this?[IMG]...
  9. Boot loop after update no safe mode option-repair fails- restore fails

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Boot loop after update no safe mode option-repair fails- restore fails: About a week ago update keep saying an update failed due to lack of drive space so I fixed the issue. After that the update went through but keep failing and the pc would boot and remove the update. The pc was working normally otherwise. I have been extremely busy with work...
  10. Startup loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup loop: Im having a horrible problem on my toshiha laptop when its booting up it just shows the toshiha logo then the black screen with the white underscore after that it repeats endlessly Ive tried to force turn off my computer many times but I cannot get the troubleshoot options...