Windows 10: update fails upon restart.

Discus and support update fails upon restart. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was trying to update win 11 pro and it failed now it keeps trying to install upon restart and fails. I have turned off updates, stopped updates and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JohnCRushingJr, Sep 25, 2022.

1. update fails upon restart.

I was trying to update win 11 pro and it failed now it keeps trying to install upon restart and fails. I have turned off updates, stopped updates and BITS in the services I have also gone the restart automatic route, deleted the update files in the software distribution folder, I have uninstalled norton and malwarebytes, I have run sfc scannow and it gives an error that there is a repair pending restart and no matter how many times I restart or even shut down PC and started it up again it still gives me the error when I run it again, the dism revert pending actions did not work I have tried bo

:)

JohnCRushingJr, Sep 25, 2022

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 25, 2022
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond update fails upon restart. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 25, 2022
  4. chideock Win User

update fails upon restart.

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

update fails upon restart.

1. update fails upon restart. - Similar Threads - update fails upon

2. Assertion Failed Error Upon Restart Microsoft Visual C++

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assertion Failed Error Upon Restart Microsoft Visual C++: Recently, every time I shut down my laptop and turn it on again, or if I restart it, I'm met with a window talking about an assertion failure. I'm not a tech person, so I have no clue what this means so I always either put "Ignore" or "Retry" I'm too scared to touch the abort...
  3. Assertion Failed Error Upon Restart Microsoft Visual C++

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assertion Failed Error Upon Restart Microsoft Visual C++: Recently, every time I shut down my laptop and turn it on again, or if I restart it, I'm met with a window talking about an assertion failure. I'm not a tech person, so I have no clue what this means so I always either put "Ignore" or "Retry" I'm too scared to touch the abort...
  4. update fails upon restart.

update fails upon restart.: I was trying to update win 11 pro and it failed now it keeps trying to install upon restart and fails. I have turned off updates, stopped updates and BITS in the services I have also gone the restart automatic route, deleted the update files in the software distribution...
  5. Failed to update and restart Windows

Failed to update and restart Windows: Hi, Windows 10 Home Edition version is 20H2 and I've been trying to upgrade to 21H2 for days. Usually I get stuck on the second reboot while updating, so force-closing doesn't update windows. I am getting different code errors and lately my windows update does not show any...
  6. files deleted upon restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files deleted upon restart: Hi, I just got a new pc and it came with windows installed. Now, when I restart my pc, most of my files get deleted. It does not happen if I power it off though. Any idea or solutions? Thanks in advance!...
  7. Drivers fail, then code 09xF only upon restart, irregularly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers fail, then code 09xF only upon restart, irregularly: Surface Pro 4, win 10 v. 1903 build 18362.900. I use it with a dock and as a tablet, almost never with the cover keyboard. No problems appear in Device Manager, at least not now that I can look. sfc /scannow has found and fixed unspecified problems, but made no...
  8. Documents folder is empty upon restart/update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder is empty upon restart/update: The problem started about a month ago when windows updated. At that point I was able to find the missing documents under "this PC/c:/users/username/documents". I copied and pasted the documents back to the primary locations; "this PC/documents". The computer updated and...
  9. Got the 10565 Update but upon restart it does not update ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Got the 10565 Update but upon restart it does not update ?: Updates are available. th2_release Professional 10565. A restart has been scheduled. Upon restart I am still on 10240 and the update will reappear in Windows Update and tell me to restart again I am on W10 Pro 10240, not activated but figuring the update would help...
  10. CHKDSK Scan upon restart.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CHKDSK Scan upon restart.: Hi All. I would appreciate some help on this one if at all possible. I have two seperate harddrives installed. On my one drive which is may main one I have a copy of Windows 7. My second drive has two partitions, one running Win 7 Pro and the second partition running...