Windows 10: Update failure; boot loop

Discus and support Update failure; boot loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; with the recent Windows update (as of mid July, 2018), my HP laptop fails in updating each time. I don’t know why it fails, but it has twice now. We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AudreyTurner, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Update failure; boot loop

with the recent Windows update (as of mid July, 2018), my HP laptop fails in updating each time. I don’t know why it fails, but it has twice now. We have tried system restore, but we hope to get a solution that allows us to complete the update, and not be stuck in a boot loop again as this machine is our means of work. Any advice is welcome. We are afraid we will have to disable automatic updates, but as this is a new machine, want to be able to update to maintain security.

Thank you.

:)

AudreyTurner, Jul 19, 2018
  2. Kenshai Win User

Confusing Disk Boot Failure

Well, Brand new Harddrive the western digital se16 caviar 640. Had a clean install, and while installing drivers and programs after a couple restarts I am receiving disk boot failure. Not the first restart or the second. Each time that it has given me the failure was after installing updates. I've system restored to before installing the updates and it works fine. It's a large list of around 38 or so updates. Granted may be a fluke but anyone heard of this?

P5N-E SLi
    E6420
    OCZ Platinum 2 x 1 kit
    WD 640gb

Kenshai, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    Boot loop

Hi Terri,

This issue occurs when there are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To troubleshoot your boot loop issue, we suggest that you boot in
    safe mode through the Windows
    Recovery
    Environment option. To do this, follow these steps:

• Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo appears, unplug and replug the device. Perform these steps three times.
    • On the fourth instance, turn on your device without unplugging it. The Windows Recovery Environment window will appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advance options.
    • Click Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the F4 key to start your computer in
      safe mode.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Right-click the Start button, and then select
    Control Panel.

2. Search Control Panel for
    Recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open
    System Restore > Next.

4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic
    app, driver, or update, and then select
    Next > Finish.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Clark Ari, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Update failure; boot loop

Latest update fail now computer is stuck in a boot/loop

We appreciate your update, Scott. We have found another options to resolve your boot loop issue. We suggest that you check and follow the resolutions provided by
    Andre Da Costa and Ramesh.Kumar from these threads:

Your reply is most important to us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Michael Gall, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Update failure; boot loop

1. Update failure; boot loop - Similar Threads - Update failure boot

2. Loops on boot, after updating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loops on boot, after updating.: I have a PC problem: my Dell Latitude 5401 lap-top now refuses to boot. It powers up for around 18 seconds and the Dell logo appears on the screen, but then it shuts down and repeats this cycle ad nauseam, without ever booting Windows 10, which just had been updated. I...
  3. Loops on boot, after updating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loops on boot, after updating.: I have a PC problem: my Dell Latitude 5401 lap-top now refuses to boot. It powers up for around 18 seconds and the Dell logo appears on the screen, but then it shuts down and repeats this cycle ad nauseam, without ever booting Windows 10, which just had been updated. I...
  4. Boot loop after update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot loop after update.: So i had this problem for 4 days now and i really can't find anything on this.I can get into bios just fine but i can't get anywhere else, it would just shut off and restart the loop all over again...
  5. Boot Loop Fixes Hard Drive Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Loop Fixes Hard Drive Failure: Hello, I'm looking to get some advice/help on how to fix my laptop. One day I was restarting it and got stuck in an endless bootloop. After trying everything I could, I decided to check diagnostics Pressing esc when powering on computer and performed an extensive scan. The...
  6. Boot loop after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot loop after update: My pc entered a boot loop after windows forced an update while I was AFK I've been clicking no every time it tries to update because I don't have enough room on my SSD for it to update and when I got back it just kept showing the windows logo, the swirling dots, and after...
  7. Auto repair loop/failure to boot

Auto repair loop/failure to boot: in past 2 weeks, 2 separate windows based computers fail to boot up and shows blue screen with unable to start message. Tried all of the options including attempt to install via downloaded flash drive with windows recovery program for windos 10. One machine- which failed...
  8. Infinte loop after a failure update

Infinte loop after a failure update: Hello, today my PC execute when i finish to work on my pc, i click on restart and update from window menu. The update is fail and now my pc trying to restart into a infite loop. I can see: recovery old version but also this fail and the pc is restarted again, and again...
  9. [Failured-To-Boot-Up] BsoDs+Boot-Loop+AutoRestarts (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [Failured-To-Boot-Up] BsoDs+Boot-Loop+AutoRestarts (Windows 10): This Problem has been happening since the Later Updates of Windows 10. (I remember when Windows 10 was first released, I had Zero problems with the OS, my PC was running fine. So, it confuses me, makes me think that it could be Windows 10, but it could also just be a problem...
  10. Windows Boot Failure - Stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Boot Failure - Stuck in a loop: Let me preface this by hoping I'm in the correct place for this post, and to be sure my title is okay by this forums' standards. Please do redirect and correct me if either are at fault. Hello! I've run into a bit of an issue when it comes to my Toshiba Satellite laptop....