Windows 10: Update Failure for Edge

Discus and support Update Failure for Edge in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Update: 2020-05 Microsoft Edge Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4559309 Error Code: 0x80073712 I've tried to install this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlexSmithsw, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Update Failure for Edge

Update: 2020-05 Microsoft Edge Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4559309

Error Code: 0x80073712

I've tried to install this update several times and all are failures. It seems to download ok but when does not work. At restart/shutdown, the pinkish/red screen comes up as usual, states that Windows is preparing to configure but there is no percentage progression doesn't even come up with 0%. At switch on, there appears to be something. A couple of times it states update is 35%, then zero progression again and it open the login screen. Advice please?

:)

AlexSmithsw, Jun 30, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    EDGE failure after update

Hello,

Just to verify, what was the update that you applied to your Windows operating system prior to the issue? When you say
    latest did you mean the Fall Creator's update? If so, Let's try to use the latest feature of the Fall Creators update to fix Edge. here are the steps:

• Launch Settings from the Start menu.
    • Click Apps, and then click Microsoft Edge on the
      Apps & features tab.
    • Click Advanced options, and then click Repair.
    • Restart your PC.

If the issue persists, you can go back to the Microsoft Edge settings by following the steps 1-3 and click
    Reset.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Update Failure for Edge

Accessing EDGE

Hello Dave,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Microsoft Edge, we will help you with this issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser
    and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start button and click on
      Task Manager.
      Click on Details tab.
    • Click on microsoftedgeCP.exe
      and click End task. (Do the same for all the Microsoft Edge files)
    • Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post for further assistance about this issue.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Update Failure for Edge

1. Update Failure for Edge - Similar Threads - Update Failure Edge

2. Update failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update failure: New Legion, just received today,2022-12 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11 for x64 KB5021090 Download error - 0x80248007Lenovo - System - 2.0.2.19 Download error - 0x802480072022-04 Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB4023057...
  3. Update Failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Failure: I keep getting update failed and I tried to manually install and still didn't work. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-failure/3924a9c9-3964-4953-91fb-e99f32f8c766
  4. Microsoft Edge Dev - Uninstall failure

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Dev - Uninstall failure: I have a problem with Edge Dev. The "Modify" option is not available at all and the "Uninstall" option fails with the message "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support...
  5. Update failure

Update failure: Windows 10 update in settings is cycling around and not downloading. Have tried the troubleshooter and getting nowhere. I paused for 2 days and tried again with same result. Any suggestions appreciated....
  6. Update failure

Update failure: Last night I've updated my windows to version 1903, but now it's not booting... I can't restore previous point[IMG] Still I can't go further https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-failure/6b4fe391-f7d8-40d6-a853-e0d9a4c7925d
  7. Update failures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update failures: Cannot update several of my WIN10 computers because of lack of memory. Have deleted all personal files and apps. What are the essential files of WIN10 that cannot be deleted???????...
  8. Failure Update

Failure Update: I am stuck on Windows update version 15xx. When I start the computer I reieve a message not to unplug my USB drive or I will lose data on my Windows to Go. I am not using Windows to Go nor am I booting from a USB drive. When I attempt to update - Windows checks if my computer...
  9. Update failure

Update failure: My updates keep failing with an error code 2019-02 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057) -Error 0x80070015 I have tried all the trouble shooters with no luck, this maybe linked to problems down loading from the MS store these also fail any...
  10. Windows Edge failure

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Edge failure: I recently resolved an issue with my Radeon HD4300 graphics card by loading the win 8 ATI drivers and ccc to enable the windows screen recommended resolution of 1920 x 1080 to be scaled down to fit my 42 inch tv screen which seems to work fine. Not sure if that's anything to...