Windows 10: Update Failure Headaches

Discus and support Update Failure Headaches in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have found that when windows fails to update the first thing to do is stop windows update service and bits service wipe out the contents of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nicholas nick, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Update Failure Headaches

I have found that when windows fails to update the first thing to do is stop windows update service and bits service wipe out the contents of the SoftwareDistribution folder. restart both services. 99% of the time this fixes the problem. also if you are on versions prior to 1809 I find that updates are starting to fail. 1903 has been white listed by most RMM tools now and is considered a safe upgrade. I have been using and deploying 1909 and have had very few issues with it.

:)

Nicholas nick, Mar 1, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update Failure Headaches :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Mike-Th Win User
    Windows Update failure with error 0x80070002

Thanks Jessen,

I have tried all the steps suggested to no avail as I have been browsing all similar failures and tried the suggested solutions. The Windows Update service appears to work ok as all other updates are ok.

It may help if I someone could explain the meaning of the failure message.

When I tried the USB method it failed in a similar way suggesting that there was something wrong with the Windows Product Key. It may help that at sometime in the past the system was restored after a failure. On some forums I have seen comments that if the
    key is not perfect then the upgrade will not work.

Mike

Mike-Th, Mar 1, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Update Failure Headaches

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Update Failure Headaches

1. Update Failure Headaches - Similar Threads - Update Failure Headaches

2. windows update freezing/performance/ headache

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows update freezing/performance/ headache: im having great difficulty with windows i recently got new motherboard installed new windows update 21h1 and windows keeps freezing and resetting itself .. now i have windows back and dont have microsoft store ... i do not know what to do and would greatly appretiate help to...
  3. A colossal headache

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A colossal headache: So I have built my own pc (all the wires are plugged in correctly) and I ran the windows 10 install, there was some kind of electrical disturbance that made my pc turn off. Now the drive is partitioned in a non MBR way, I cant format it through CMD beacuse I get an I/O error,...
  4. W10 update headaches

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 update headaches: After latest update: 1 things running slowly 2 system hangs Uninstall, go back to recover 1 things keep getting worse BSOD HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-update-headaches/3a93196d-eebf-4785-abdb-468d35c9ea38
  5. KB4576754 causing headaches

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KB4576754 causing headaches: Hi all - the past month, with Windows updates, has been problematic. First, the October update would not install properly and I had to download it manually and install it from here (which worked, fortunately), but now I'm getting repeated attempted installs of KB4576754...
  6. Gremlins caused headache

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Gremlins caused headache: I recently had to change all my emails and phone number due to a deep hacker. I now can't access files and information I need still attached to the files. Anyone to contact to be able to download and send me the files on cloud and such devises. I also am interested in any...
  7. Windows repeat headaches

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows repeat headaches: Years ago i updated from windows 7 to windows 10 Microsoft emailed me my code. I had to put a new hard drive in my system and now i cant find my key code to activate. It keeps trying to get me to buy a new one and I WILL NOT buy a new one. Someone needs to help me with this...
  8. Major HeadAche

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Major HeadAche: So From Last Week I am having a problem. When ever I start pc my win defender shows virus detected I check and find its name Start.R and These are the details CmdLine: \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\cmd.exe "cmd.exe" /c start /min cmd /c "(echo @echo off >...
  9. System Restore headache

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore headache: My situation is this....after loads of searching and trying various things, I can now do manual restore points but don't get automatic restore points nor can I configure ....I always get the "Access denied error 0x80070005". I am the Administrator. Microsoft Software Shadow...
  10. What a headache

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What a headache: "I'll go and make a coffee whilst I wait for the file to open'' It took 2 years before W7 worked satisfactory. How many years till W10 works properly? Do I have to go thru this all over again. Howabout you develop a product that actually works properly before releasing it? Up...