Windows 10: Update Failure KB4019472

Discus and support Update Failure KB4019472 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My PC has attempted to install this update several times, each time registering a failure: 2017-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ralphholmes, May 13, 2017.

1. Update Failure KB4019472

My PC has attempted to install this update several times, each time registering a failure:

2017-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4019472)

It is the correct update for my system (pretty sure).

I've downloaded the stand-alone update file and this too fails even when I disable my antivirus program (Avast).

Any advice would be welcome.

Cheers

Ralph

:)

ralphholmes, May 13, 2017
  2. misla Win User

Windows Update Question, KB4019472

Hello,

I have read the other posts regarding the failure to install KB4019472. My problem is different in that on
    May 9 it was "Successfully Installed." However, on May 10 there were two entries in which Windows Update "Failed to Install" this same update.

If KB4019472 was supposedly installed on May 9, why then are there two entries on May 10 in which this "installed" update "failed" to install?

Appreciate it your answer as this update is critical.

Thank you very much.

misla, May 13, 2017
  3. Update failed but shows as installed under remove updates

Attempted to install KB4019472 four times. It failed to install each time. Waited a day and ran check for update, which found no new updates. Viewed Update History which shows four failure. View Uninstall Update and it is in the listed of installed update.
    So is it installed or not?

Do I need to take any action?

Thanks

dawngolfer, May 13, 2017
  4. Update Failure KB4019472

Having the same problem. What gives?

CarletonFish, May 13, 2017
  5. Hi ralphholmes and CarletonFish. Welcome to the TenForums @CarletonFish
    First thing I would do is run the Update trouble shooter. Assuming you are both on 1607 based on KB number you are trying to install.
    Windows key + S, search bar appears, type troubleshooting into search bar, troubleshooting appears at top. Click it, window opens, lower right side "Fix problems with Windows Update", click. Window opens, click on “advance”, click on Run as administrator, click “Next”. Should run clean. If not run again.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 13, 2017
  6. Weeeee! Thank you. That seems to have solved the problem.

Interestingly, the troubleshooter reported finding no problems, but then the stand-alone updater installed the update.

Cheers

Ralph

ralphholmes, May 13, 2017
  7. kbsesel Win User
    Just an FYI the above fix did not work for me, but I was able to fix the issue downloading the update Troubleshooter directly from Microsoft

Kyle

kbsesel, May 14, 2017
  8. MatthewC Win User

Update Failure KB4019472

Hi Ken,

I stumbled across this thread whilst pulling my hair out in desperation trying to resolve this issue! I have tried your suggestion above, (thank you) however...

It found some errors in the update database, which it claims to have fixed but I keep getting the error message that "we couldn't complete the update, undoing changes".

Most frustrating!

I have also tried uninstalling all updates, but Windows will not allow me to do that.

Additionally I have tried repairing Windows, which again meets with a polite refusal to co-operate!

I have also attempted to re-install Windows but the only option that it is allowing me is a clean install on the grounds that it believes that the OS is installed in a non-standard location(!?) Understandably, I am reluctant to try that one as I have neither the time nor patience to attempt to reinstall all applications and back up all data across numerous HDDs!

Any further thoughts please?

Yours in anticipation,

Matt

MatthewC, May 16, 2017
  9. Had the same issue on a client machine. I ran sfc /scannow

It found one error, fixed it and the update worked.

I have to look for another thread this morning, another member had another suggestion.

Caledon Ken, May 16, 2017
  10. MatthewC Win User
    Thanks Ken,

There is another (fairly active) thread on this subject here

Post #31 discusses something similar:

[/QUOTE]... Try running PowerShell as admin and then typing "Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth". Then run command prompt as admin (cmd) and type "sfc /scannow..."[/QUOTE]

Just done this and pleased to find that my computer reports that Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. *Smile

I should have added originally that in my frustration yesterday I contacted MS Support. A technician tried remotely to use the Update Assistant to install the Windows Creators Update. That resulted in forcing a clean install.

I am now attempting this again with the very low expectation of success this time around!

*EDIT*
    First attempt to use the Update Assistant ended in failure - "windows 10 installation file is corrupted - please try again".

Second attempt results in further abject failure!

Thanks for your thoughts!

Matt

MatthewC, May 16, 2017
  11. Hey Matt.

Following and not following.

Did you and MS do a clean install from bootable media to attempt an install of Creator Update and the clean installed failed?

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 17, 2017
  12. carecan Win User
    I am having the same issue. I have run scannow prompt and it says it was fixed the issue. I also ran the troubleshooter. but it still gets me the error message • 2017-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4019472) - Error 0x8e5e03fe What else do I need to do?

carecan, May 17, 2017
  13. Update Failure KB4019472

Hi carecan. Welcome to the TenForums @carecan

When you ran the trouble shooter did you run as administrator and did it run clean?

Please have a look at this post. Two processes, DISM and a set of Commands.

Creators Update Failure

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 17, 2017
  14. This solution solve my 2017-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4019472) failure problem. I did the troubleshooting only once.

truepharaoh, May 17, 2017
  15. MatthewC Win User
    Hi Ken,

My apologies for not being more explicit.

The solution that MS provided was to use the Update Assistant to install the Windows Creators Update. This was only on one of the internal HDDs, not bootable media.

This got as far as the install options. The first 2 (Repair Windows and Update Windows) were greyed out and the only choice I was being allowed to make was a clean install. I terminated the UA at that point as reinstalling applications and data is a last resort.

I have since disabled all automatic Windows (and other MS product) updates and cleaned out all temporary files. I have noticed that each time I reboot, the computer advises that it has updates to install on shut down!

I am now getting really quite confused!

Thanks,

Matt

MatthewC, May 17, 2017
Thema:

Update Failure KB4019472

1. Update Failure KB4019472 - Similar Threads - Update Failure KB4019472

2. Update failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update failure: Windows 10 update in settings is cycling around and not downloading. Have tried the troubleshooter and getting nowhere. I paused for 2 days and tried again with same result. Any suggestions appreciated....
  3. Update failure

Update failure: Last night I've updated my windows to version 1903, but now it's not booting... I can't restore previous point[IMG] Still I can't go further https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-failure/6b4fe391-f7d8-40d6-a853-e0d9a4c7925d
  4. Update failure

Update failure: My updates keep failing with an error code 2019-02 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057) -Error 0x80070015 I have tried all the trouble shooters with no luck, this maybe linked to problems down loading from the MS store these also fail any...
  5. Did W10 Security Update KB4019472 on 10-May Remove IE11 Tile Links?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Did W10 Security Update KB4019472 on 10-May Remove IE11 Tile Links?: My current W10 version is 1607 (OS Build 14393.1198). 5/10/2017 my Security Update KB4019472 downloaded & installed wihout error messages. As best I recall, I made the changes indicated in "Choose privacy settings for your device.png", and recorded the image of this window....
  6. KB4019472 Humongous Patch Tuesday Update Failed Due to Lack of Space

KB4019472 Humongous Patch Tuesday Update Failed Due to Lack of Space: EDIT: Well, at least I know now why it failed, but no fix. I should have noticed I am running out of space yet again (A better error message would have been nice!). The laptop only has a 32GB non-upgradable eMMC storage chip, and for a year I have been able to keep 4 or 5GB...
  7. High CPU and fan after windows update of KB4019472, KB3150513

High CPU and fan after windows update of KB4019472, KB3150513: Hello, Earlier today, Windows 10 gave me an alert that it had to restart, giving me the option to postpone or proceed with the restart. So I shut down my apps and went ahead with the restart. I took a break and came back a couple hours later. Found that my laptop's fan was...
  8. Logitech C270 webcam boike after KB4019472

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech C270 webcam boike after KB4019472: I noticed it in Skype, tools /options/video setting - there is no longer any picture, it's either gray or some jumbled up lines. I used GPedit to disallow driver updates via Windows update Computer Config/Admin templates/Windows components/Windows update "Do not include...
  9. Cumulative Update KB4019472 Windows 10 v1607 Build 14393.1198

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB4019472 Windows 10 v1607 Build 14393.1198: Update May 26, 2017: Replaced by: Cumulative Update KB4023680 Windows 10 v1607 Build 14393.1230 - Windows 10 Forums May 9, 2017—KB4019472 (OS Build 14393.1198) Improvements and fixes This security update includes quality improvements. No new operating system...
  10. Fonts will not install after KB4019472

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts will not install after KB4019472: After installing KB4019472 for Windows 10 1607 This is the May 9 CU update, fonts will no longer install and IE will not display downloaded fonts. Has anyone else come across this and found any fix? I have tested on a clean install with no policy changes, firewall enabled...
Tags: