Windows 10: Update failure

Discus and support Update failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there a restart loop hung problem (user data gone) with the latest update of Window 10 Home 64-bit 1809 on old Dell Core 2 Duo desktops ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rohitgupta5, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Update failure

Is there a restart loop hung problem (user data gone) with the latest update of Window 10 Home 64-bit 1809 on old Dell Core 2 Duo desktops ?

:)

rohitgupta5, Mar 31, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update failure :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Mike-Th Win User
    Windows Update failure with error 0x80070002

Thanks Jessen,

I have tried all the steps suggested to no avail as I have been browsing all similar failures and tried the suggested solutions. The Windows Update service appears to work ok as all other updates are ok.

It may help if I someone could explain the meaning of the failure message.

When I tried the USB method it failed in a similar way suggesting that there was something wrong with the Windows Product Key. It may help that at sometime in the past the system was restored after a failure. On some forums I have seen comments that if the
    key is not perfect then the upgrade will not work.

Mike

Mike-Th, Mar 31, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Update failure

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Update failure

1. Update failure - Similar Threads - Update failure

2. Windows 11 Insider update failure?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Insider update failure?: I restarted my computer to install a Windows 11 Insider update today and am now stuck. After the restart, my computer asked for my preferred keyboard layout. Chose “US.” Took me to the “Choose an option” blue screen to either “Troubleshoot” or “Turn Off Your PC.” Have run...
  3. Windows 11 Insider update failure?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Insider update failure?: I restarted my computer to install a Windows 11 Insider update today and am now stuck. After the restart, my computer asked for my preferred keyboard layout. Chose “US.” Took me to the “Choose an option” blue screen to either “Troubleshoot” or “Turn Off Your PC.” Have run...
  4. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?: My laptop persistently fails to install an update as below: My research points to this being a problem with recovery partition. Investigating this I see I have two:So I can see that partition 5 is not in use and is a whopping 16 GB in size, but I am also puzzled that the...
  5. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?: My laptop persistently fails to install an update as below: My research points to this being a problem with recovery partition. Investigating this I see I have two:So I can see that partition 5 is not in use and is a whopping 16 GB in size, but I am also puzzled that the...
  6. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Fix for Windows 11 Update Failure KB4023057 Error 0x80070002 aka Update for Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix for Windows 11 Update Failure KB4023057 Error 0x80070002 aka Update for Windows 11...: Important: The following was originally posted by an individual named Lester BernardReyes in the Windows 10 Forums Here. I'm reposting this valuable instruction set for anyone that's having the same issues on Windows 11. The modified instructions worked for me, and I believe...
  8. Fix for Windows 11 Update Failure KB4023057 Error 0x80070002 aka Update for Windows 11...

Fix for Windows 11 Update Failure KB4023057 Error 0x80070002 aka Update for Windows 11...: Important: The following was originally posted by an individual named Lester BernardReyes in the Windows 10 Forums Here. I'm reposting this valuable instruction set for anyone that's having the same issues on Windows 11. The modified instructions worked for me, and I believe...
  9. Windows update failure on windows 7 Pro X86

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update failure on windows 7 Pro X86: Hello,We are facing an error to install KB4474419, and get this error : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-failure-on-windows-7-pro-x86/601f15a3-196f-4d89-b3b2-f6dad5baac1b
  10. Windows update failure on windows 7 Pro X86

Windows update failure on windows 7 Pro X86: Hello,We are facing an error to install KB4474419, and get this error : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-failure-on-windows-7-pro-x86/601f15a3-196f-4d89-b3b2-f6dad5baac1b